Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Juno
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.04.2008, 06:36 PM   #41
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
went to see it with the general populace, i really enjoyed it love JK Simmons as the father and brings a great presence to the film, Ellen Page seemed really genuine in her delivery, I got really drawn into Jason Bateman's relationship with Jennifer Garner and how deep it was from the moment they got on screen

the one-liners were great, just love that kind of natural humor "he's good in chair" was one that I unexpectedly burst outloud for

the Superstar thing reminded me of the Shins thing in Garden State, but done much better, cute touches with the Mudhoney shirt even though you couldn't see the name or the Shonen Knife poster that is very familiar or another two in the background

among them, and the "noise" joke really worked as diffusive element to lighten the tone of the scene they were in and how heavy it was

the soundtrack was really great, loved the use of Cat Power's rendition of "Sea of Love" especially

overall i liked it more then Little Miss Sunshine (the prerequisite comparison), maybe cause of I liked the ensemble of actors a bit better and seemed less overbearingly quirky and grounded (family trekking in van to beauty show vs teen pregnancy and adoption), overall a great viewing and worth the 6 dollar ticket
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2008, 06:41 PM   #42
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
a great viewing and worth the 6 dollar ticket
is that the standard price for cinema tickets over there?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2008, 07:22 PM   #43
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
it is now for a Matinée showing, i don't go to the theatre much and the last time i went it was $5, there was a 20% hike in the last year, but it's a small town theatre that doesn't get much of any real interest most of the time
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2008, 07:44 PM   #44
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't know, I bought into the way they all talked.
You're old!

Coming back to Juno (I know I talked about it earlier), I really was let down by this movie. I was hoping for a lot more, and all it delivered was a baby (ha!).

The whole quirkiness thing: I didn't like that the things they said were really the only quirky things about it. When it is that, and not much else, it was just stupid to me. Whereas Little Miss Sunshine, they acted pretty normally, but with a quirky environment. Perhaps that is just my personal preference. If they had made the environment, and her room, and her town, etc, more of an oddity, I would have bought into the words a bit more.

Also, anyone feel it was a little rushed. It hardly covered the scope of what a pregnancy is really like, let alone a teenage pregnancy.
Old 01.04.2008, 11:11 PM   #45
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not that old, I'm 22. :P

Also, you live in Socal. The movie takes place in the midwest. A high school in southern california is VERY different from a midwestern high school. Two completely different cultures. The west coast is basically a totally different country from the rest of the US. If you saw a movie about my high school experience you'd probably say "I don't know anybody who talks like the teenagers do in that movie."

Also, the scope of the pregnancy isn't important. The pregnancy was more of a plot device than anything else.

The whole quirky vs normal people and quirky vs normal enviroment thing boggles me. People are quirky and environments are quirky. A quirky environment is one that contains quirky people. A small midwestern town is a perfect environment for that. Appearances aren't everything.
"The weirder you are going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too. When I see a kid with three of four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person."
-P.J. O'Rourke
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2008, 01:35 PM   #46
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it.Wasn't expecting all the music, that was a pleasant surprise. I never really checked out the moldy peaches before but now im extremly interested. The whole sdtrk to the movie was awesome.

I think everyone in the movie did a great job acting. I liked how the movie wasn't predictable and had this off beat charm to it. I'd reccomend it to everyone to see.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2008, 03:40 PM   #47
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
You know, I had passes to the premier. I get them all the time from work. I couldn't go though... I think I'll see it tonight.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2008, 03:42 PM   #48
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I love dry humor. Life Aquatic was on TV the other day.
Yes I also love this movie. For some reason, when I think of it, I picture the part when he flicks that little lizard of his arm like a ball of snot. Haha, it just cracks me up.

I'm a big fan of Bill Murray... even in Broken Flowers. You can always trust him to be "Bill".
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2008, 09:11 PM   #49
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Bill's a stalwart. I was watching Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties with my nephew and was actually sort of getting into it a few months ago, but
my sister made me turn it off.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2008, 11:59 AM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fun. i liked it. she has a great face.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2008, 01:46 PM   #51
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
saw it last night. i liked it but thought the script sometimes tried too hard to be "hip"----hey...about that sy reference enh...enh? ellen page is great and i thought she did really well with the script.

im always a sucker for well done love movies.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth