Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.18.2010, 01:12 PM   #481
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
It sounds REALLY fucked up in combination with your avatar.
I don't know if I should laugh?

You've said this before. You also made it clear you know little to nothing about my avatar.

Research....then talk shit.

And really, w/ all the shit you've mentioned about yr own past...seems to me as if you have little room to talk about others being "fucked up".
Old 08.18.2010, 02:32 PM   #482
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quite the opposite, it makes me an expert in fucked up.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2010, 02:49 PM   #483
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
"fucked up" differs from person to person/ case to case. There's no such thing as being an expert in the field. Even psychologists will tell ya that they are always learning.

try again.
Old 08.18.2010, 03:24 PM   #484
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
"fucked up" differs from person to person/ case to case. There's no such thing as being an expert in the field. Even psychologists will tell ya that they are always learning.

try again.

So that makes your first point kind of silly doesn't it?

I can't really take someone who thinks Charles Manson is a beacon of light seriously in a discussion about guns & violence, sorry.

Old 08.18.2010, 03:26 PM   #485
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
So that makes your first point kind of silly doesn't it?

I can't really take someone who thinks Charles Manson is a beacon of light seriously in a discussion about guns & violence, sorry.

I never said that though, you said I said that....

again, you fail.

again, try again.
Old 08.18.2010, 03:32 PM   #486
knox
invito al cielo

Is it the 175th time you make this post?

New catchphrase needed.

Old 08.18.2010, 03:34 PM   #487
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Is it the 175th time you make this post?

New catchphrase needed.

With you, pretty much. You keep repeating yrself leaving me little choice but to do the same.

Again, I'm out.

Keep on trollin...

-s.

Write a book: "Other peoples lives according to knox".
Old 08.18.2010, 03:38 PM   #488
knox
invito al cielo

No, I think I saw you doing it with Jon Boy too, I feel cheated.

It's a waste of jest, I guess.

Old 08.21.2010, 05:01 PM   #489
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Bout 'smuggled weapons to Africa' says ex-UN man

By Mark Doyle BBC News

Viktor Bout denies that he is an arms trafficker
More details are emerging about the activities of Victor Bout, an alleged arms dealer once described by a British minister as the "Merchant of Death".
Mr Bout is being extradited from Thailand to the United States, where he faces arms dealing charges relating to Colombia.
But a former United Nations investigator on sanctions-busting has told the BBC that Mr Bout was also involved in illegal weapons smuggling in several African states.

'Blood diamonds' Several official UN reports have linked Mr Bout to arms smuggling activities in Africa.
One documents 37 arms flights it says were operated by him to supply the former rebel group, Unita, in Angola in 1997 and 1998, when the rebels were subject to a UN embargo.
The UN stepped up its investigations a few years later with a Panel of Experts, who looked into violations of an arms embargo on Liberia, then run by former President Charles Taylor, who is currently facing war crimes charges at The Hague.
The panel was investigating the trade in "blood diamonds" from Liberia's neighbour Sierra Leone - diamonds which were used to buy weapons for rebels in the brutal Sierra Leonean war.

Liberia's former President, Charles Taylor, is on trial at The Hague for war crimes
A former member of the UN Panel, Johan Pelemen, told the BBC he believed Mr Bout was deeply involved.
"With all the shipments that we were able to document that were sent to Liberia in violation of the arms embargo, Victor Bout and his network was the most important network that supplied the regime in Liberia," he said.
Mr Bout denies that he is an arms trafficker.
A website sympathetic to him describes him as a dynamic businessman.
The website says Mr Bout was born in the former Soviet Union and first went to Africa as a Soviet military translator.
He is reported to be able to speak nine languages.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2010, 05:07 PM   #490
knox
invito al cielo

thank you

Old 08.21.2010, 05:27 PM   #491
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
thank you

amen (hebrew/aramaic/arabic/amharic, lit. I agree deeply and intuitively from my heart)

by the way, I been using amen a lot on SYG, I just wanted to explain it is nothing to do with religion, it is because I have been using my amharic more lately, and in amharic amen is the standard response to agree with someone.

in Hebrew Amen comes from the root words which signify an act of agreement, but from the heart (ie, love, in its primitive form the root word aman signified acts of altruism such as charity or adoption)

In Amharic is literally is an affirmation of solidarity, of sincere acceptance and agreement, from the heart,

when I reply to a post,
Amen.

I am implying, "I agree deeply and intuitively from my heart."

Old 08.21.2010, 05:31 PM   #492
knox
invito al cielo

Los Angeles must be a very strange place.

Old 08.21.2010, 06:05 PM   #493
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Los Angeles must be a very strange place.

yes, yes it is. I wandered into an indigenous, authentic, purely ethiopian church and worship service before dawn this morning, in a largely centro-americano neighborhood with roosters walking down the main street (they got some goats in the backyard on my church's side street) and gangsters shooting each other by night. Along the way I ran into folks from across the world on the bus/train, as I do everyday, its part of why I still haven't bought a car

surprisingly there was a fatal drive by in my very middle class, gang free suburban neighborhood early this morning, very shocking actually, but hey, that is why even the burbs here are integrally Los Angeles, not suburbs by any definition..

"I dream of a world where people from distant lands commute to work together on one giant bus, each greeting each other in their native custom.." Marcy D'Arcy

"Oh, you're talking about the city bus!" Al Bundy

Old 08.21.2010, 06:07 PM   #494
knox
invito al cielo

don't ever buy a car.

Old 08.21.2010, 06:10 PM   #495
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
don't ever buy a car.

I'm trying, but its getting ridiculously harsh.. I can't make it to band practice, I can't get to any gig opportunities, I am struggling to get to work with hours and hours of commute time, even yesterday coming home from Church I had to walk an hour in the blistering hard afternoon sun because the bus blanked on me, as it does at least 5-6 times a month...

LA makes it VERY difficult to be a renegade, but honestly I pray not for a car, but just for the bus to show up on time

Old 08.21.2010, 06:17 PM   #496
knox
invito al cielo

you'd imagine a city that big would have a metro.

Old 08.21.2010, 06:22 PM   #497
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you'd imagine a city that big would have a metro.
It does, we have one of the largest metro rail systems in the world, the problem is that in square miles we also have one of the largest interconnected metropolitan areas in the world. I traveled 45 miles round trip just to Church this morning..

The rail system is more than adequate, but the corner stone of any efficient and effective rail systems is a highly integrated bus system to fill the gaps. In a city as sprawling as LA, rails can't possibly take you everywhere, but they do get you pretty close by the way.. its only 2.5 miles from my door to the rail station, but that is a loooong walk on a 93 degree day

Old 08.24.2010, 01:23 PM   #498
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Why Liberals should support the 2nd amendment
http://halc.us/2010/07/why-liberals-should-love-the-second-amendment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+HoustonAreaLibertyCampaign+%28Houston+Ar ea+Liberty+Campaign

The United States Militia Code:
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

the above is for all people who claim the 2nd amendment does not speak to individuals, or that it is not an individual right.

we are all (americans) in the MILITIA.
and we will shove our guns up the King of England's ass and fire away with vigor.

Old 08.24.2010, 01:25 PM   #499
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
No. 5: The Second Amendment is about revolution.
In no other country, at no other time, has such a right existed. It is not the right to hunt. It is not the right to shoot at soda cans in an empty field. It is not even the right to shoot at a home invader in the middle of the night.
It is the right of revolution.
Let me say that again: It is the right of revolution.
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.
To alter or abolish the government. These are not mild words; they are powerful. They are revolutionary.
The Founders might never have imagined automatic weapons. But they probably also never imagined a total ban on handguns either.
We talk about the First Amendment as a unique and revolutionary concept — that we have the right to criticize our government. Does it matter whether we do so while standing on a soapbox on the corner of the street or on a blog? No. Because the concept, not the methodology, is what matters.
And the Second Amendment is no different. It is not about how much ammunition is “excessive” or what types of guns are and are not permissible. Liberals cling to such minutia at the expense of understanding and appreciating the larger concept that underlies this right.
Old 08.24.2010, 02:27 PM   #500
knox
invito al cielo

wow that is some bullshit. where did you copy and paste it from?

222324 25 262728 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth