Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.22.2010, 06:49 AM   #421
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Impressive display by Portugal yesterday. Shame I only watched the first half. I'd imagine it's not how the North Korean leaders had imagined the first ever live sports broadcast in their country. Hopefully their players won't get deported to a labor camp upon return.

Spain looked good from the little I saw, but let's not forget it's Honduras they played. What should be worrying for them is that after the Switzerland game it's the second time that they've wasted lots of opportunities to score. Torres is off-target and if Villa gets suspended then it could become very difficult for them to beat Chile. I want Spain to go far.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 07:21 AM   #422
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Ivory Coast cans still stay in it if they kick ass against Portugal.

Actually Nigeria still has a chance if they kick ass against greece..

umm, both those matches already happened

Greece 2:1 Nigeria
Cote D'Ivoire 0:0 Portugal

cote d'ivoire is fucked, if portugal beat brasil they're done, if portugal loses and cd'i beats korea they'll be tied, but after portugal scored 7 goals yesterday...

nigeria has a chance, that grup is open at the moment but nigeria is the only team without a win

ghana is leading their group but they have their last game against germany, they could advance, but if they lose to germany and serbia beats aus. they'll be out
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 07:42 AM   #423
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
With a goal difference of 9 between Portugal and Ivory Coast, the Ivorians don't stand a chance, even if Portugal lose to Brazil.

Algeria still have a slim chance, but I really don't think they'll make it. I think Germany will beat Ghana too. Not sure if Australia are capable of keeping Serbia from victory either, so I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with no African teams making it to the knock-out stage.
Old 06.22.2010, 09:10 AM   #424
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i want mexico to win

hopefully forlan can provide one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_A6QHdWcXg
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 09:15 AM   #425
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

I'm (somewhat) watching the other one, between France and South Africa.
It's not bad so far. Both teams seem to try and get at least one good result before going out.

Is the Mexico v Uruguay one a real game or are they cautiously passing the ball around in their own half?
Old 06.22.2010, 09:25 AM   #426
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
mexico and uruguay are in ATTACK mode!!!!!!!! awesome!
Old 06.22.2010, 09:30 AM   #427
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Awesome, fair play to them! I just flicked the channel and saw that shot from Mexico bouncing off the bar.... wish I could watch both matches.

The misery for France continues: South Africa are leading 1-0 and Gourcuff has been sent off for elbowing.

edit: 2-0!!

edit edit: and that would've been 3-0, if it hadn't been offside.. whoa.
Old 06.22.2010, 09:58 AM   #428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
mexico and uruguay are in ATTACK mode!!!!!!!! awesome!

what a game! i love it. mexico has had more control of the ball but they failed to convert. uruguay's counterattacks have been deadly. guardado and dos santos have had a great game so far, no goals unfortunately but a shot to the goalpost by guardado. fucile on the uruguayan defense has been great, and perez (the uruguayan, not the mexican) had to step out for a while cuz an elbow to the side of the head had him bleeding. at 43' a great goal from suarez put uruguay ahead. wow! the hungarian ref has been fair so fair, has a good handle of the game while allowing a fluid game.

mexico needs to even the score; south africa is even in points at the moment and trying to even the goal difference, south africa qualifies it would be a damn shame, totally undeserved, but that's football.

this 2nd half should be great.

---

barrera came in to replace guardado.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 10:30 AM   #429
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
France have scored. Good news for Mexico.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 10:56 AM   #430
starsailor
little trouble girl

starsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's assesstarsailor kicks all y'all's asses
i'm happy that mexico and uruguay have passed...though i think this game was a bit disapointing..i really enjoy south american football
starsailor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 11:00 AM   #431
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I watched the S'th Africa game but I'm glad the group finished the way it has.

EDIT: Domenech refusing to shake the S'th African coach's hand. Someone needs to write a book about the French in this tournament.
Old 06.22.2010, 11:08 AM   #432
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsailor
i'm happy that mexico and uruguay have passed...though i think this game was a bit disapointing..i really enjoy south american football

the first half was great, actually. the game deteriorated a bit in the 2nd half, because it's impossible to keep up the same fast pace all 90 minutes. mexico had no resolution on the offensive, but the uruguayan defense was rock-solid and didn't allow anything. dos santos remains a very able and smart player who is unable to resolve an offensive play. i don't know if it's nerves or what-- he's barely 21.

mexico should be playing argentina, i think that will be their end--they are a nice team, but they lack scoring power.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 11:29 AM   #433
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the first half of Mex/Uru was fucking HYPE.

Glad to see both 'panic countries advance.

what was it with the handshake? The French completely collapsed huh? I missed that FRA/S.AFR. match
Old 06.22.2010, 11:37 AM   #434
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what was it with the handshake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfX0nZc2pA
I don't understand the Arab commentary, but I reckon his attitude will have been interpreted in a similar way all over the world.

Once again, Domenech is making a complete arse of himself in front of the entire planet. Maybe he can say something stupid at the press conference afterwards to finish it off... I can't wait for the movie.
Old 06.22.2010, 11:38 AM   #435
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the pantomime that is french football has left the building.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2010, 11:40 AM   #436
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I don't understand the Arab commentary, but I reckon his attitude will be interpreted in a similar way all over the world.

jesus man, that was UGLY.
Old 06.22.2010, 11:46 AM   #437
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I don't understand the Arab commentary, but I reckon his attitude will be interpreted in a similar way all over the world.

Once again, Domenech is making a complete arse of himself in front of the entire planet. Maybe he can say something stupid at the press conference afterwards to finish it off... I can't wait for the movie.

It's so outrageous. I've no idea why he wouldn't do it. The red card was soft, but hardly the S'th African coach's fault. It's great to watch though. I'm sort of sad the French are going, just for the spectacle of it all.
Old 06.22.2010, 11:49 AM   #438
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
.....i cant help but smile at frances self destruction but i am not going to say the word "justice"!
Old 06.22.2010, 11:50 AM   #439
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
demon..why sad the french are going???? they were absolutely shocking! terrible football!!!
Old 06.22.2010, 12:08 PM   #440
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's so outrageous. I've no idea why he wouldn't do it. The red card was soft, but hardly the S'th African coach's fault. It's great to watch though. I'm sort of sad the French are going, just for the spectacle of it all.

I'll miss them too. Maybe if we're lucky they'll have one last argument during the flight home... after that Capello or Maradona will have to fill his shoes.

Tonight's feature presentation:

He still has a good feel for the balls.
192021 22 23242532 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth