Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Which has been the best decade for music?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.12.2009, 06:58 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
a better way of phrasing the question would be "Which decade produced the most music that appeals to your taste?"

The other side to this is that all of the music I have from the 40s is fucking magnificent. There isn't another decade of recorded music that has as little that I've heard that pisses me off, so the 40s wins for me. The controvert is that I've probably heard most from the 90s, so that's the decade that annoys me most.

It's all bollocks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2009, 07:00 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
People need to get more specific.

"music" has been around as long as humans had shit to hit for a beat and voices to hum with.

in my estimation, the best decade for music was whichever decade J.S. Bach was in top form. probably around the 1730's

in that case some of my favorite music include Yared's hymn, a kind of Ethiopian drum chant which reached its perfection in the 1460s when it was performed by 3000 priests (TAKE THAT GLEN BRANCA!) for the coronation of Emperor Zara Yacob..

also the nyahbinghi drum which originates in Mali/Guinea which was brought to the Caribbean where the Rastafari culture has adopted it as our own chants, and it is mystical and ancient in feel. drum and chant are ancient music, even in Europe, however it is the Africans who preserved it, and even brought it into the back beat of rock n roll.

Chuck Berry is just an up tempo nyahbinghi, I know, I play them both.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 01:34 AM   #23
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I think I have more music from the 80s than any other decade, but I couldn't say that decade was the BEST for music.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 01:48 AM   #24
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
There really isn't a decade that was the best. Like T&B said it's all personal taste.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 03:02 AM   #25
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
You can argue for each of those; but why bother?

Although the best decade for dance music was clearly the 80s.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 03:10 AM   #26
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
i think it's now as you have all the music that came before and new stuff too.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 03:15 AM   #27
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
i think it's now as you have all the music that came before and new stuff too.

Wise man.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 05:47 AM   #28
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I find the best way to phrase any question is "Is Toilet & Bowels a massive horse-fucking queerbag? YES OR DEATH."

The question on my mind right now is "Is Glice a four-eyed half-pint who gives blowjobs to spastics?" although, it's not a real question, more of an observation rephrased out of shock. You see, I did one time accidentaly see Glice giving a blowjob to a spastic.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 06:28 AM   #29
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
^
Never mind, dear, it's nearly the weekend.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 07:43 AM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
wise man.

i just wondered about this: if i live on my vomit, how long will i be able to live on it, how long will it take for the constantly recycled vomit to end up not being enough to satisfy my hunger and my basic nutricious? needs to stay alive?

Drinking your own urine and eating your own poo is meant to be good for you. Not sure if it's the same for your own vomit 'cause it's stuff your body rejects.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 09:38 AM   #31
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
For my own tastes:
00's

Around 185 of the 250 CDs of my collection were released after 2000
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 09:50 AM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Really, this is probably the best decade for music. Though, I'd rather stick with my original answer of "Captain Beefheart already happened" and his presence looms over everything else, I will say that there are probably 500 new Captain Beefhearts currently making music that we have yet to hear, because with the technology available nowadays so that people can easily record whatever they want at little or no cost, and with VST plugins and amps and so on that emulate every sound you'd ever want (have you guys seen that guitar that can sound like ANY GUITAR EVER MADE?!), we live in exciting times. Which doesn't really explain why so many bands sound like shit. But if you look deep enough, you'll find just as much, if not MORE, brilliance and ambition in the "underground" than ever before.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:02 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wise man.

i just wondered about this: if i live on my vomit, how long will i be able to live on it, how long will it take for the constantly recycled vomit to end up not being enough to satisfy my hunger and my basic nutricious? needs to stay alive?

the sasme as if you did not eat at all. unless your food/vomit goes into the intestines you are not soaking up any nutrition. the stomadch just mixes it all up.

no food , a human can life for weeks.

no water though, and you got maybe 3-5 days.
Old 02.13.2009, 10:03 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
No rawk and skronk, and the soul dies within ten nanoseconds.....
Old 02.13.2009, 10:03 AM   #35
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hi darling.
although i ve heard here and there that urine is good for you, its the other way around. pee and poo is what our system rejects, not the vomit. the vomit will not all be bad, since i ll do it early enough and in order to have smth to eat later. theoretically speaking.
lalala, weekend is about to start.

yes, eating your own poo will make you sick, i read somewhere it's safer to eat other people's poo, but still not good for you.

urine is safe to drink and some people actually say it is healthy

vomit - you probably wouldn't survive very long as you would not be gaining any nutrition, the food would be vomited back up before the nutrients have been absorbed by the body.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:05 AM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
What about cum?

What about period blood?

Old 02.13.2009, 10:10 AM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I've seen too much period blood

Old 02.13.2009, 10:12 AM   #38
sarramkrop

Quote:
hi darling.
although i ve heard here and there that urine is good for you, its the other way around. pee and poo is what our system rejects, not the vomit. the vomit will not all be bad, since i ll do it early enough and in order to have smth to eat later. theoretically speaking.
lalala, weekend is about to start.

You're right, after I had written that I thought that's all stuff coming out of your body is waste anyway. I was thinking of the fact that maybe vomit is a more instant dislike coming from your body, so perhaps it's more unhealthy than poo and piss.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:18 AM   #39
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
You guys know yr excrements aw'right.

Q: "Which has been the best decade for music?"
A:
"I was thinking of the fact that maybe vomit is a more instant dislike coming from your body, so perhaps it's more nocive than poo and piss."

ha yeah
let's get it on.
Old 02.13.2009, 10:19 AM   #40
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
1953-1963

I hope Chris Lawrence will rep me for this ha ha.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth