Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I think I am finally getting old..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.18.2008, 11:16 AM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I had a friend in the '80s who was tripping and decided to hook his boombox with an Einsturzende Neubauten tape in it into his bass amp and crank it. That was really smart, he got to go to jail while tripping.

now thats ghetto blastin.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2008, 11:21 AM   #22
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
well, i never had music turned up too loud that it hurts. i like being able to hear...
i have recently noticed the tinitus in my ears after the mbv show last september...... im reckoning some damage was done as i never heard it in there before.. or maybe there is someone real small with a wine glass running their finger over the rim of it constantly in my head!

ears are for life, loud music is only for a few minutes!!

as for inflicting my taste on otheres, no way, thats just rude and selfish.. ihate it when the pseudo hard men drive around in their japanese imports with airfix kits sellotaped to the back playing their (dare i say it) gaynite club music, ykow the duf duf duf duf duf ones, they are so hard they call their pink shirts salmon.....

i hate those wankers so why would i inflict lightning bolt or whatever opn them when i drive past... i do do it to goths tho... they are even funnier with their make ujp and shit boots.... every home should have one!
Old 10.18.2008, 11:37 AM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Sorta unrelated, but I have noticed my taste in music, while always being a bit all over the place, has mellowed out far more in recent years. 5 years ago, I probably wouldn't have loved John Fahey or Stars of the Lid or anything as much as I do now... sure, I would have appreciated it, but I wouldn't be obsessed with it. On the other hand, whereas I have always tried searching out the most complex and insane music ever, nowadays I hardly ever listen to that stuff... even if I still love it.. so maybe I'm getting old as well.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2008, 07:01 PM   #24
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Sorta unrelated, but I have noticed my taste in music, while always being a bit all over the place, has mellowed out far more in recent years. 5 years ago, I probably wouldn't have loved John Fahey or Stars of the Lid or anything as much as I do now... sure, I would have appreciated it, but I wouldn't be obsessed with it. On the other hand, whereas I have always tried searching out the most complex and insane music ever, nowadays I hardly ever listen to that stuff... even if I still love it.. so maybe I'm getting old as well.

Yeah, I've pretty well gone that route. I still love Dead Moon and the Sonics, but I didn't listen to as much modern classical, ambient electronic, or mellow post-rock stuff in my early twenties as I do now. But that's a good kind of getting older, broadening your horizons. The lame kind is the people who become more close minded and reject some of the more interesting or philosophically challenging stuff from their youth.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth