Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Robert Fripp needs money; selling instruments
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2008, 02:57 AM   #21
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginald
I was talking with Adrian Belew recently at his 'warmup' gig for his power trio 'mini-tour' underway and he said that as of yet, King Crimson WAS NOT going to do ANY new material for their 'micro' tour coming up.

Fripp and Belew are to be joined by Tony Levin, Pat Mastelloto and Gavin Harrison (drummer, Porcupine Tree) for their warmup gigs here in Nashville in early August. This town is actually kind of homey. Here's my ticket. Notice the price....LOL, no where near the higher prices of NY and Chicago. KC always rehearse here in town and I thought Adrian was gonna invite me to the pre-warmup practice. I should have invited myself.

you lucky bastard
Old 06.28.2008, 10:37 AM   #22
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I was talking with Adrian Belew recently at his 'warmup' gig for his power trio 'mini-tour' underway and he said that as of yet, King Crimson WAS NOT going to do ANY new material for their 'micro' tour coming up.

Fripp and Belew are to be joined by Tony Levin, Pat Mastelloto and Gavin Harrison (drummer, Porcupine Tree) for their warmup gigs here in Nashville in early August. This town is actually kind of homey. Here's my ticket. Notice the price....LOL, no where near the higher prices of NY and Chicago. KC always rehearse here in town and I thought Adrian was gonna invite me to the pre-warmup practice. I should have invited myself.

Fuck, you guys are lucky. Tickets are going for at least sixty bucks up here. I'm doubtful that I'll see them this summer since my concert fund is already drained as is. :7(

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2008, 11:05 AM   #23
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
you lucky bastard

In 2000 when the Y2K 'warmup' gigs were here in town, KC did 4 shows at a small local venue. Tix were only $20 and I went to each of the shows.

They're cool because they all cut up...even Fripp can be a jokester at these 'dress rehearsals'. In 2000, as they begun Fractured, Trey Gunn screwed up, so they started again...and Fripp was so animated. I'd never seen him so amiable. LOL

Fripp was clandestinely present at Adrian's recent power trio gig here, unnoticed except for a few. He likes to go unnoticed at things like that. I'm at a coffeeshop directly across the street from The Belcourt as I type awaiting the Aug. 3rd warmup show....... I'll be first in line and get the very best seat in the house ! YES !!!!
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2008, 06:19 PM   #24
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They're cool because they all cut up...even Fripp can be a jokester at these 'dress rehearsals'. In 2000, as they begun Fractured, Trey Gunn screwed up, so they started again...and Fripp was so animated. I'd never seen him so amiable. LOL...

did he do anything really radical, like stand up?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2008, 07:28 AM   #25
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
did he do anything really radical, like stand up?

Yes. He even became a song and dance man prancing on the stage with microphone in hand. His sister, who was doing merchandising, came onstage and started ribbing him. He hadn't come onstage yet, but at that moment he came out and took the mic from her and started defending himself. She'd started a story about him when he was young. Very funny stuff.

She'd caught him playing 'air guitar' to Rumble by Link Wray. He said it was the distortion that inspired the boogie in him.
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2008, 07:29 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha that last paragraph is genius.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth