Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page California Supreme Court Overturns Voter-Approve Gay Ban
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.16.2008, 03:54 PM   #21
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Ellen to get married.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJrEQxzGtc
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 05:34 PM   #22
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
How long before California becomes an independent country?

Maybe Kalifornia should join Canada.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 06:23 PM   #23
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
That would be good.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 09:05 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬

if people are lucky it will go as far as Prop 215 and legitimize gay marriage for state employment, insuarance, next-of-kin, adoption, child custody/support cases, etc...

however, much like prop 215, the federal govt and shut down whatever state laws it feels like, so I suppose we shall see.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2008, 09:50 PM   #25
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
if people are lucky it will go as far as Prop 215 and legitimize gay marriage for state employment, insuarance, next-of-kin, adoption, child custody/support cases, etc...

however, much like prop 215, the federal govt and shut down whatever state laws it feels like, so I suppose we shall see.

More reason for California to become independent.
Old 05.17.2008, 06:46 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
More reason for California to become independent.

secessionist movements have a terrifying history of failure, particularly in the United States.

Old 05.17.2008, 07:09 PM   #27
Lurker
invito al cielo

Quote:
secessionist movements have a terrifying history of failure, particularly in the United States.

Wait a minute. You're the one who's meant to be really enthusiastic and activistic but immediately you stamp on this one. Seems like you don't like it when people step on your territory of activism, you phoney. And to think of the pointless crap you post.
Old 05.17.2008, 07:10 PM   #28
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Ignore suchfriends dribble about politics.
Old 05.17.2008, 07:14 PM   #29
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Unfortunately this isn't the end of the gay marriage debate in California. The Anti's are greating ready.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2008, 07:15 PM   #30
✌➬
invito al cielo

Yeah I know. So on november I will be voting.
Old 05.17.2008, 07:29 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wait a minute. You're the one who's meant to be really enthusiastic and activistic but immediately you stamp on this one. Seems like you don't like it when people step on your territory of activism, you phoney. And to think of the pointless crap you post.

why would I support something so obviously doomed to failure as secession of California from the United States? Like that is every going to happen, who the fuck wants that? CA may be the fifth largest economy on the planet, but like many other governments, it is critically dependent on funding from the US federal government. now on the otherhand, if you are accusing me of going against the gay marriage ruling, when did I say that?

Old 05.17.2008, 07:34 PM   #32
Lurker
invito al cielo

Quote:
if you meant "independent" in regards to conventional politics, then why did you respond to my comment on secession? if you are talking about secession, do you honestly believe that the United States would give up the fifth largest economy on the planet?

quit trying to throw mud at I-man, it is ridiculous, at least go attack one my posts that has more substance then this. nobody in the world believes that any state in the US could secede, and the last folks who thought that, well we all learned in gradeschool how that went.

I meant independence in regards to all politics, conventional and nu.

America got independence from the UK so it can be done.

Who is "I-man"? Sounds like a super hero.

I don't know how that went, I didn't got to an American school.
Old 05.18.2008, 08:17 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

Who is "I-man"? Sounds like a super hero.

http://www.translationdirectory.com/dictionaries/dictionary023.htm

Old 05.18.2008, 08:33 PM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2008, 08:59 PM   #35
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
you folks are fun! can't wait for the elections!

as for gay marriage. i don't think many who oppose it are fundamentally against same genders revelling in the same opportunities that opposite gendered folks can enjoy. there is no reason to inhibit these rights, and they are rights. but lawful union is already in place in many states. the idea of lawful marriage is set in religious ceremony 99.9% of the time. the real argument pro-gay groups is the ability for churchs to deny gays and lesbians the rite of marriage. almost all gays don't give two shits about getting married in a baptist church. but the gay groups want to be able to force churches to do just that. now, precedents have be set in canada, where hate speech includes making churches perform marriages or be subject to lawsuits. now you're talking a bigger picture. what was now free speech(the right to religious freedom, in particular) will now be classified as hate speech. now i know many of you are either indifferent or excited about the idea of the world sending religion to the stone age, but it serves its purpose, good and bad. the tailoring of speech in america THE FREE(?) is just the beginning of the primrose path to the tailoring of other freedoms. yes, it sounds a bit conspiratory, but look at the way your gov't works. do you really want these guys to be altering our freedoms. all speech, love and hate, should be protected. as long as its not acted upon, its just sticks and stones. i'd love to see everyone get what they want as far as marriage is concerned, the right to and the protection of, but i fear a much larger agenda is lurking in the background. maybe two of you will read all of this, the melvins rule!
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2008, 10:25 PM   #36
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve newman

as for gay marriage. i don't think many who oppose it are fundamentally against same genders revelling in the same opportunities that opposite gendered folks can enjoy. there is no reason to inhibit these rights, and they are rights. but lawful union is already in place in many states. the idea of lawful marriage is set in religious ceremony 99.9% of the time. the real argument pro-gay groups is the ability for churchs to deny gays and lesbians the rite of marriage. almost all gays don't give two shits about getting married in a baptist church. but the gay groups want to be able to force churches to do just that. now, precedents have be set in canada, where hate speech includes making churches perform marriages or be subject to lawsuits. now you're talking a bigger picture. what was now free speech(the right to religious freedom, in particular) will now be classified as hate speech. now i know many of you are either indifferent or excited about the idea of the world sending religion to the stone age, but it serves its purpose, good and bad. the tailoring of speech in america THE FREE(?) is just the beginning of the primrose path to the tailoring of other freedoms. yes, it sounds a bit conspiratory, but look at the way your gov't works. do you really want these guys to be altering our freedoms. all speech, love and hate, should be protected. as long as its not acted upon, its just sticks and stones. i'd love to see everyone get what they want as far as marriage is concerned, the right to and the protection of, but i fear a much larger agenda is lurking in the background. maybe two of you will read all of this, the melvins rule!
Wrong.

There are already plenty of pro gay churches in many big cities.
Old 05.18.2008, 11:54 PM   #37
Ciccone Warhol Monroe
little trouble girl

Ciccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's asses
i'm happy for teh gays!!!
Ciccone Warhol Monroe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2008, 11:56 PM   #38
Ciccone Warhol Monroe
little trouble girl

Ciccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
maybe two of you will read all of this

# II.
Ciccone Warhol Monroe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 06:18 PM   #39
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Wrong.

There are already plenty of pro gay churches in many big cities.
wrong with what? of course there are pro gay churches. there are churches with no religion at all. the statement simply says laws could be enacted to force churches to comply. some will, some won't. i'd just like to see what the reaction would be if they said mosques and synagogues had to comply as well. its just a theory worth a little thought.
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 06:31 PM   #40
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You, sir, are a reactionary moron. You betray your true beliefs in your pseudo-even handed prose, but in fact it's obvious you have a problem with gay marriage., and frankly I feel you have a problem with the whole idea of homosexuality. So there.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth