Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm so sober.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.01.2007, 12:58 PM   #21
sarramkrop

Hi Diesel.

I don't see the point in doing drugs or drinking alcohol unless you enjoy it and know your limits. And it's also true that if you keep in mind that you can't go on like that forever, the comedown will be easier to deal with when the fun is gone and you need to get your act sorted out.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:01 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Hi Diesel.

I don't see the point in doing drugs or drinking alcohol unless you enjoy it and know your limits. And it's also true that if you keep in mind that you can't go on like that, the comedown will be easier to deal with when the fun is gone and you need to get your act sorted out.

who sez that everyone who takes drugs or drinks alcohol does so on a rational basis, porks? what you say makes a lot of sense, but people's actions often don't...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:10 PM   #23
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
who sez that everyone who takes drugs or drinks alcohol does so on a rational basis, porks? what you say makes a lot of sense, but people's actions often don't...

Absolutely. It's just that there comes a time when the whinging of someone who goes back to substances and has it large all the time, even when it's all too crystal clear to everyone and themselves that they're going nowhere, is to be met with: ''Get yourself fucking sorted or go away''. Drugs or alcohol are only good fun in certain circumstances, but they hardly pay dividends when it comes to being productive, unless you are blessed with a strong constitution and a personality to match. But that's rare, to say the least.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:14 PM   #24
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
So many times over the last few days you've made me wanna rep you. You speak the TRUTH!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:20 PM   #25
sarramkrop

Bye guys. I'm off to the pub too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2007, 01:21 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Absolutely. It's just that there comes a time when the whinging of someone who goes back to substances and has it large all the time, even when it's all too crystal clear to everyone and themselves that they're going nowhere, is to be met with: ''Get yourself fucking sorted or go away''. Drugs or alcohol are only good fun in certain circumstances, but they hardly pay dividends when it comes to being productive, unless you are blessed with a strong constitution and a personality to match. But that's rare, to say the least.

i agree for the most part, but if saying "get yourself fucking sorted or go away" really worked, then we'd have no street drunks in my town.

these sorts of addictions are an illness, you can't cure an illness that way.

what i mean is-- yes, you can say that, and it will work for you (the annoyed party) and the non-infirm audience, but for the afflicted it's a much more complicated matter, having to do with compulsive behavior and all sorts of psychological shit that's rarely understood on the interwebs.

now about the whinging-- this is a natural thing to do, best done with friends and relatives, but now that most people are friends of the internet, this is how it goes.
Old 11.02.2007, 10:51 AM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

so, hayden, are you now interned, are you sober, are you still fiending, what?
Old 11.02.2007, 10:53 AM   #28
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still staying sober. It's gay but it's not that terrible.
Old 11.02.2007, 10:56 AM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I'm still staying sober. It's gay but it's not that terrible.

well you are gay. what did you expect? nut up & learn to enjoy it.

some people use weed to cope with anxiety. not sure if that was what you're after.

go to the hippie store & buy yourself a kava tea. might help. if theres not hippie store, tension tamer is available in supermarkets.

also *cough* exercise will raise your endorphins. be your own junkie.

seriously it's better to self-regulate your highs. street drugs are just shit.
Old 11.02.2007, 12:20 PM   #30
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
well you are gay. what did you expect? nut up & learn to enjoy it.

some people use weed to cope with anxiety. not sure if that was what you're after.

go to the hippie store & buy yourself a kava tea. might help. if theres not hippie store, tension tamer is available in supermarkets.

also *cough* exercise will raise your endorphins. be your own junkie.

seriously it's better to self-regulate your highs. street drugs are just shit.

I have a prescription for those delicious Xanex bars for anxiety already. Mmm.

Yeah. Kava rules.
Old 11.02.2007, 12:35 PM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I have a prescription for those delicious Xanex bars for anxiety already. Mmm.

Yeah. Kava rules.

oh, sweet xanax. that's all you really need. don't mix it then.

if you're looking for altered states, let me suggest meditation and runner's high. meditation is not some hippy shit-- it can open up whole brain lobes. read up on it before you try it or you could go crazy.
Old 11.03.2007, 09:58 AM   #32
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
same here Hayden, i've forced myself staying clean, bit the bullet, swallowed the key. i was able to get my hands on a little some last night but somehow i did not enjoyed it that much ive expected.
i might be fucked but i think *somehow* i'm unable to feel normal w/out some intoxicant by my side.
just make sure you don't mess with H or too much opiates.
i'd like to have some of them oxys though... dare to help?

PS
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HaydenAsche again.

ha!
Old 11.03.2007, 02:52 PM   #33
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
stay off that shit, shentov.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2007, 03:02 PM   #34
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Some people do "self medicate" though, thinking that being drunk or high is the only way they can be happy or emotionally stable. Even detailing time in their day to do so like its "wake, work, eat, get messy". Thats one of the worst things because the root cause has been rationalised to such an extent that breaking patterns of behaviour requires not just emotional readjustment to ones situation but a shift in objectivity (to a degree).

This is just a theory i have that you could probbaly find evidence supporting or refuting if you looked. Such is the "beauty" of Behaviourism
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2007, 08:24 PM   #35
diggers
little trouble girl

diggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's asses
eat a minge, cheer up.
diggers is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2007, 10:11 PM   #36
jakeonguitar
bad moon rising

jakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

I've got the straight edge

Than sit around and smoke dope
'Cause I know I can cope
Laugh at the thought of eating ludes
Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue
Always gonna keep in touch
Never want to use a crutch

jakeonguitar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2007, 09:17 AM   #37
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggers
eat a minge, cheer up.

a salient point.
Old 11.04.2007, 10:24 AM   #38
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
salvation through dilaudid.
duh...
Old 11.04.2007, 11:36 AM   #39
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeonguitar
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

Than sit around and smoke dope
'Cause I know I can cope
Laugh at the thought of eating ludes
Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue
Always gonna keep in touch
Never want to use a crutch

The grotesque peasants stalk the land
And deep down inside you know
Everybody wants to like big companies.
Bands send tapes to famous apes
Male slags, male slates, famous apes.
K Walter Keaton, now grey thoughts.
The whole country is post-gramme
(Echoes of the past)
Hail the new puritan!
Righteous maelstrom
Cook one!
And all hardcore fiends will die by me
And all decadent sins will reap discipline
New puritan.
This is the grim reefer
The smack at the end of the straw
with a high grim quota
Your star Karma Jim
New Puritan.
The conventional is now experimental
The experimental is now conventional
It's a dinosaur cackle
A pterodactyl cackle
In LA, a drunk is sick on
Gene Vincent's star
On Hollywood Boulevard.
Ha ha ha ha
Stripping takes off in Britain's black spots
The Kensington white rastas run for cabs.
This i've seen
New puritan
In Britain the stream electric pumps in a renovated pub.
Your stomach swells up before you get drunk
The bars are full of male slags
At 10:35 they play "Send In The Clo w ns"
Why don't you ask your local record dealer
How many bribes he took today?
What do you mean "What's It Mean? What's It Mean"?
What's it mean? What's it mean?
New puritan
New puritan
Hail the new puritan
Out of hovel-cum-coven-cum-oven
And all hardcore fiends will guide by me
And all decadent sins will reap discipline
New puritan.
I curse your self-copulation of your lousy record collection.
New Puritan says, "Coffee Table LPs never [breathe]"
New Puritan.

as we're quoting words

Old 11.04.2007, 11:47 AM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

*yawn*

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth