Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page its not a drug
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.29.2007, 07:22 PM   #21
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.tiredofbeingalive.com/read/whymari-1.htm
Good weed reedz
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2007, 09:31 PM   #22
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody

sorry man, i enjoy the weed but this is some serious tin-foil hat stuff...

"Cannabis prohibition was a foundational event to keep the average person as a slave to the elites in power aka government and corporations."

"Since 1873, the Global Elite Has Held Secret Meetings in the Ancient Redwood Forest of Northern California."

"I am certain you now agree that referring to this plant as "Marijuana" is indeed RACIST and should thereby be effectively and immediately removed from the vocabulary of any person who does not wish to be viewed as a SATAN WORSHIPPING NARC U.S. government bootlicking mind-controlled slave."

"because even a retard is intelligent enough to see that this coriander-like plant mentioned in the Bible is indeed Cannabis."

"by the way did you know WTC Building 7 fell on September 11th but was untouched by a plane?"

...i've also never seen someone quote the bible that many times and then attack someone else's argument as "based solely on myth and propaganda, so much so that to believe them is almost like having blind faith in a religious cult..."

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2007, 09:33 PM   #23
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I'll sarcastically say that weed isn't a drug. Weed isn't a drug.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2007, 09:43 PM   #24
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Drug or not it's against the law to posses, governator.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.29.2007, 10:03 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Drug or not it's against the law to posses, governator.

the law is wack. whoever claims weed has no deleterious effects is a liar. however, coffee, tobacco, alcohol and other "legal" drugs (sugar, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, etc.) are also toxic yet legal to sell, even to children.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 11:25 AM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the law is wack. whoever claims weed has no deleterious effects is a liar. however, coffee, tobacco, alcohol and other "legal" drugs (sugar, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, etc.) are also toxic yet legal to sell, even to children.

I think there is a huge difference between conceding the potentiality of deleterious effects (which is a rather vague term medically, are we talking about cancer or a headache?) caused by cannabis consumption and 'brain damage' which was suggested earlier. lets not give into stereotypes and bad science simply out of ideology or politics.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 11:31 AM   #27
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
can you kindly point me out to any evidence of brain damage caused by the consumption of cannabis?You know they have cut open the skulls of thousands of monkeys who they have exposed to sometimes massive amounts of cannabis smoke and surprise surprise, no neurological damage to speak of...

All i know is what i have been told, my mum works for a mental heath charity and there have been so many cases where young people have developed mental health problems as a result of smoking too much weed. A lot of those people are people that may or may not have developed it later in life regardless, but it can be a trigger.

My friend Jimmy smoked pot ALL THE TIME, and he went totally insane eventually, he's dead now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
Is that why you no longer use it?
I agree that it can cause some obvious health issues if it's abused with excessive use, just like many other drugs, e.g., alcohol.

Yes, i did use it on and off from the age of 12, but i just decided i didn't like it anymore, it kept making me paranoid and thats not good. It fucked up two of my best friends, one is okay now, one is not (as i mentioned above).

I have grown up around heavily stoned parents, so they both allowed me to use it whenever i wanted. But now that my mum works for a mental health charity, she doesn't like me using it anymore. You have to remember the stuff we are smoking now is sooooo much stronger than the stuff our parents were smoking.
I won't discourage my children from experimenting with it in the future, i think you have to try things to know if you like them or not, i have done that, and they should too.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 11:41 AM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
All i know is what i have been told, my mum works for a mental heath charity and there have been so many cases where young people have developed mental health problems as a result of smoking too much weed. A lot of those people are people that may or may not have developed it later in life regardless, but it can be a trigger.

My friend Jimmy smoked pot ALL THE TIME, and he went totally insane eventually, he's dead now though.

wow. where to begin....

ignorance is not yr fault, its the fault of intellectual and educated smokers who just dont give a damn enough to explain themselves properly. There are literally 'tons' of published studies that can not find any of these mythic side effects from cannabis, stereotypes and outright lies that have survived the smear campaigns of the 1920s. Sometimes its truly absurd...

If herb is not for you (rhetorically, not you personally) then don't smoke it, but why go on with this propaganda nonsense forever? I myself do not drink alcohol, nor have I had any alcohol for some years now, but have any of you ever seen me post a thread dissing people's alcohol consumption? (and mind you, this is a substance which is proven dangerous, kills people, causes observed brain damage etc).

Old 10.30.2007, 11:42 AM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
You have your opinion, and i have mine, at least i have the courtesy not to be rude to you about it though.

Here, i just found an article about him. It's been years since i read this.

http://www.addictionnetwork.co.uk/Sh...ive%202002.htm

It's the article titled - Teenager made to feel invincible by drugs stabs himself to death in front of his father.
Old 10.30.2007, 12:47 PM   #30
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Here, i just found an article about him. It's been years since i read this.

http://www.addictionnetwork.co.uk/Shock%20Press%20(Drugs)%20archive%202002.htm

It's the article titled - Teenager made to feel invincible by drugs stabs himself to death in front of his father.

..sorry to hear about your friend. that's terrible. i also had a psychotic episode after smoking weed. thought my tv was communicating telepathically with me and the cia was trying to kill me. it was like a seriously bad acid trip.

never really blamed the weed though for several reasons.... saturday night i smoked a lot of weed, took a painkiller (don't remember what kind only that it was an opiate with acetaminophen) and ate a bunch of nutmeg (found out later that it wasn't enough to cause any psychoactive effects). sunday night smoked a little weed. monday morning as i was getting in the shower i realized i was still high, and thought that was strange. as i was getting dressed in front of the tv, i realized it was sending me messages... went downhill from there.

given the combination of drugs i had taken, the amount of time that had passed since taking them, and the fact that i had already been struggling with depression and mania for years before that, the only role (and a small one at that) i think pot had in that incident was as a trigger, not a direct cause.

...at any rate i still smoke it.

Old 10.30.2007, 12:53 PM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

If people are going to be nasty, then i am not going to contribute any further to this thread. Because seriously there is no need for it.
Old 10.30.2007, 12:53 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash
..sorry to hear about your friend. that's terrible. i also had a psychotic episode after smoking weed. thought my tv was communicating telepathically with me and the cia was trying to kill me. it was like a seriously bad acid trip.

never really blamed the weed though for several reasons.... saturday night i smoked a lot of weed, took a painkiller (don't remember what kind only that it was an opiate with acetaminophen) and ate a bunch of nutmeg (found out later that it wasn't enough to cause any psychoactive effects). sunday night smoked a little weed. monday morning as i was getting in the shower i realized i was still high, and thought that was strange. as i was getting dressed in front of the tv, i realized it was sending me messages... went downhill from there.

given the combination of drugs i had taken, the amount of time that had passed since taking them, and the fact that i had already been struggling with depression and mania for years before that, the only role (and a small one at that) i think pot had in that incident was as a trigger, not a direct cause.

...at any rate i still smoke it.

i'd lay off it for a while. tv messages? damn!

james hillman's definition of paranoia is "the literal interpretation of metaphors". metaphorically, sure, the tv is 'sending you messages'-- but literally?

you need a shot of whiskey to ground you a bit.
Old 10.30.2007, 12:56 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps- long live the new flesh?

Old 10.30.2007, 01:08 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

and sorry to insist. found this shit:

http://web4health.info/en/answers/ad...s-paranoia.htm

Question(s):
Written by: Martin Winkler
First version: 25 Nov 2006. Latest revision: 15 Jun 2007.
What are the bad effects of marijuana? can it cause paranoia?

Answer:
Working in a psychiatric ward you will very often see patients with a first onset of paranoia or other psychotic symptoms after a chronic use of cannabis. A recent research paper discussed the following hypotheses for a possible relationship:
  • There is a causal relationship between cannabis use and schizophrenia (psychotic disorders).
  • The cannabis use precipitates schizophrenia in vulnerable persons.
  • Cannabis use exacerbates schizophrenia -> symptoms are more severe.
  • Patients with psychotic disorders are more liable to abuse cannabis
This Australian study found a rise in the prevalence of cannabis use and a decrease of the age at the beginning of regular cannabis consumption over the last 30 years. They found no clear increase of the prevalence of schizophrenia in Australia in this time span. We know that cannabis abuse is rather common among patients with schizophrenia, maybe sometimes a rather bad attempt to cope with psychotic symptoms or irritability or hallucinations.

So the authors of this study think that cannabis use is not the main causal factor for the incidence of schizophrenia, but seems to precipitate the onset of psychotic symptoms / paranoia for vulnerable persons. So if you have a high vulnerability for schizophrenia the abuse of cannabis will most likely lead to severe paranoia and a worse outcome!

The co-occurrence of substance abuse and schizophrenia is one of the worst problems in psychiatry! It is very difficult to offer a good treatment approach for this group of patients. Special treatment programs are available for schizophrenic patients with cannabis dependence or other types of substance abuse.

More Information
More about psychosis caused by cannabis
Effects of cannabis
The physical effects of cannabis
The effects of long-term use of cannabis
All articles about cannabis and other narcotic drugs
Old 10.30.2007, 01:18 PM   #35
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:

i'd lay off it for a while. tv messages? damn!

i did... for a while... didn't touch the stuff (or anything else for the matter) for about three years after that happened.

Old 10.30.2007, 01:24 PM   #36
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
So the authors of this study think that cannabis use is not the main causal factor for the incidence of schizophrenia, but seems to precipitate the onset of psychotic symptoms / paranoia for vulnerable persons. So if you have a high vulnerability for schizophrenia the abuse of cannabis will most likely lead to severe paranoia and a worse outcome!

The co-occurrence of substance abuse and schizophrenia is one of the worst problems in psychiatry! It is very difficult to offer a good treatment approach for this group of patients. Special treatment programs are available for schizophrenic patients with cannabis dependence or other types of substance abuse.

although some of the more extreme symptoms of bi-polar (what i was diagnosed with) are very similar to those of schizophrenia, etiologically they are thought to be very different.

that's not to say that some of these statements are not also true of bipolar disorder... particularly this one

The cannabis use precipitates schizophrenia in vulnerable persons.

...i figure sooner or later something would have set me off even if i was drug free, but i guess i'll never really know because

Patients with psychotic disorders are more liable to abuse cannabis

...i also think that regardless of what they tell you in AA/NA, there is a huge difference between use and abuse. ie smoking up 4 or 5 times everyday is very different than smoking every other saturday night or so.

Old 10.30.2007, 01:49 PM   #37
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
james hillman's definition of paranoia is "the literal interpretation of metaphors".

...interesting. a jungian, huh? i thought only lacanians put everything in terms of language.

Old 10.30.2007, 01:53 PM   #38
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
sorry man, i enjoy the weed but this is some serious tin-foil hat stuff...

"Since 1873, the Global Elite Has Held Secret Meetings in the Ancient Redwood Forest of Northern California."
actually this is true - they worship a big Owl.

"to see that this coriander-like plant mentioned in the Bible is indeed Cannabis."
what is tin foil about this?

and of course you know MIT demonstrated that tin foil hats actually amplify radio waves within its area...

tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 02:01 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
although some of the more extreme symptoms of bi-polar (what i was diagnosed with) are very similar to those of schizophrenia, etiologically they are thought to be very different.

that's not to say that some of these statements are not also true of bipolar disorder... particularly this one

The cannabis use precipitates schizophrenia in vulnerable persons.

...i figure sooner or later something would have set me off even if i was drug free, but i guess i'll never really know because

Patients with psychotic disorders are more liable to abuse cannabis

...i also think that regardless of what they tell you in AA/NA, there is a huge difference between use and abuse. ie smoking up 4 or 5 times everyday is very different than smoking every other saturday night or so.

yeah hm some AA people say that if you drink 1 drink you're an alcoholic-- in their case maybe. but anyway, man, if i were bipolar i'd stay clear of anything... i have a local friend who is bipolar-- he can't even touch beer. use/abuse is a different matter if you're prone to neurophysiological imbalances. but of course i dont know cos i'm not. i do have a tendency to seasonal depression that increases my craving for cigarettes in the fall.

but anyway... yeah. lacan is useless anyway.
Old 10.30.2007, 02:18 PM   #40
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
You have your opinion, and i have mine, at least i have the courtesy not to be rude to you about it though.

somehow you have mistaken my seriousness for rudeness, so I apologize for the misunderstanding, though I dont honestly feel I came across as rude to you,

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth