Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Student Arrested and Tasered at John Kerry Speech
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.18.2007, 04:05 PM   #21
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
!@#$% is right, if you're getting arrested don't resist. fight your fights after the fact.

But there's no excuse for actions of these cops... campus cops no less. They already had him down, in cuffs, with multiple bodies on him. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't look like they ever told him what they were apprehending him for, which they are required to do. He did resist, but it's pretty bogus and a good lawyer could have these cops flipping burgers for the rest of their lives.

They should be charged with excessive force and lose their jobs.

Pigs.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:05 PM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Yeah, the UK doesn't have much of a problem with community/police relations because they have cameras everywhere keeping an eye on the population, which keeps everyone in line.

or you can look at the amount of people who have died in police custody in the last few years over here.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:08 PM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
For the record, I was only joking.
You won't often see me defending American police tactics, certainly not in this case.
Yeah, the kid was being a douche, but douchery isn't really an arrestable or taserworthy offense in my book.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:09 PM   #24
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I'm pretty sure you're just loving the fact that he was tasered after demanding the impeachment of Bush. Did you miss the fact that Kerry said he wanted to answer the question or is this all just sophistic picking and choosing for your own trolling delight? You're both so equally ignorant and selfish that I can't decide which to assume.

its nice that kerry wants to look like he is willing to answer the question, but if you see somebody trying to ask a question and gets pulled away, or worse, get tasered, maybe it's better to say something about that.
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:11 PM   #25
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Kerry comes off as a pretty ginormous douche in this situation for sure.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:12 PM   #26
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i know you where joking. we do have an insane amount of cameras in england, i forget the statistic but your on one 60+ times a day.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:16 PM   #27
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if they guy had just left as requested by the two initial officers the rest of it wouldnt have happened.
The way he was carrying on with the mic appeared to be designed to disrupt the Q & A part of the audience with Kerry. I find it remarkably coincidental that the person with the camera just happened to be sitting next to him too. I think this guy was trying to use the audience to protest and he got what he wanted, a controversial scene with him being thrown out and hit with a stun gun. The security/police played right into his hands

Why would he NEED to leave? Was he threatening to do anything dangerous? Possibly to the man's reputation yes, but he was just asking questions, albiet angrily, with sources too, fairly balanced, imfo. Why would the police need to restrain him? Kerry was going to answer the question(s) diplomatically, the man wasn't obviously going to attack anyone...

It's nothing but Kafkaesque that asking a few questions would lead to being tasered.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:16 PM   #28
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but if they guy had just left as requested by the two initial officers the rest of it wouldnt have happened.
The way he was carrying on with the mic appeared to be designed to disrupt the Q & A part of the audience with Kerry. I find it remarkably coincidental that the person with the camera just happened to be sitting next to him too. I think this guy was trying to use the audience to protest and he got what he wanted, a controversial scene with him being thrown out and hit with a stun gun. The security/police played right into his hands

the only disrupt he caused maybe would've been a general unease in the room, b/c everything he asked pertained to that big white fucking elephant in the room that no one else had the hutzpah to ask about. the cops were clearly over the line when they even approached him initially, as he was doing nothing wrong. he had no reason to leave just because the cops asked him to, especially in a public forum.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:17 PM   #29
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
yeah, i saw kerry do a lot there...i mean, he could of DEMANDED the police stop, or even make his way over there to help and assist. he did NONE. this was a democratic event and im sure the police were instructed by those in charge, what to do with protesters, and they followed those instructions. deal with it, this is a non republican issue, and it burns you up

hahaaaa...i love how easily i get the simpletons goin..wooooo

not too hard on this board of sheep

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:18 PM   #30
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethrneck4
yeah, i saw kerry do a lot there...i mean, he could of DEMANDED the police stop, or even make his way over there to help and assist. he did NONE. this was a democratic event and im sure the police were instructed by those in charge, what to do with protesters, and they followed those instructions. deal with it, this is a non republican issue, and it burns you up

hahaaaa...i love how easily i get the simpletons goin..wooooo

not too hard on this board of sheep

this troll needs his belly rubbed, huh?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.18.2007, 04:41 PM   #31
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
haha..troll?? ive been schoolin the sheep here since the old board newbie, every now and then they need a smack...but if ya wanna rub my belly, feel free, hahaa

oh yeah, way to avoid the point of my post you quoted, that kerry did nothing, nor did any other of the democrats in attendance..NO ONE DID ANYTHING!

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:47 PM   #32
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
I think if you watch the clip carefully, and there are in fact two clips of this incident from different sides of the hall, the guy was tasered because they couldnt get the cuffs on him as he kept struggling, not after he was cuffed

Somebody send him an ACLU card ffs
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:48 PM   #33
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
the scary thing about this video isn't the arrest,nor the taser action. it's just the fact that nobody in the hall f*ckin' grabs a chair and attacks the cops.
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:48 PM   #34
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
what a bunch of fucking pigs.
resisting arrest is a bad idea but i would be pressing charges like a motherfucker.
Old 09.18.2007, 04:49 PM   #35
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha..troll?? ive been schoolin the sheep here since the old board newbie, every now and then they need a smack...but if ya wanna rub my belly, feel free, hahaa

oh yeah, way to avoid the point of my post you quoted, that kerry did nothing, nor did any other of the democrats in attendance..NO ONE DID ANYTHING!

i agree that it's shit that no one did anything, but these battles need to be picked and any member of the crowd who tried to be a hero could've ended up in a worse position than the poor guy that got tasered. as for kerry, after seeing his inactivity in that situation, i'm embarrassed to have voted for me.

i don't remember you from the old board, though. oh well.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.18.2007, 04:52 PM   #36
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think if you watch the clip carefully, and there are in fact two clips of this incident from different sides of the hall, the guy was tasered because they couldnt get the cuffs on him as he kept struggling, not after he was cuffed

There remains no moral warrant to use a weapon that has the potential of killing. There remains humane ways to calm people like him down so they can actually hear what Kerry was wishing to say.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 04:52 PM   #37
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:

struggling against arrest =/= taser use. cops are trained to subdue these types without using such force, but these cats obviously had a bit of a power trip going on and we see what the result was. tasers are supposed to be used when the subject is posing a threat that is dangerous, but not dangerous enough to warrant gun use. if those six officers couldn't keep that one guy under control, then they had no business on the force in the first place. how are you defending this shit?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 09.18.2007, 04:58 PM   #38
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Rob
Why would he NEED to leave? Was he threatening to do anything dangerous? Possibly to the man's reputation yes, but he was just asking questions, albiet angrily, with sources too, fairly balanced, imfo. Why would the police need to restrain him? Kerry was going to answer the question(s) diplomatically, the man wasn't obviously going to attack anyone...

It's nothing but Kafkaesque that asking a few questions would lead to being tasered.

The fact he went over his time to ask a question? The fact they cut the mic? The fact he was asked to leave as a result of that and violently refused to go?

Frankly all I have seen so far is a "lets kick the cops" vent

I still think this was a prestaged stunt by the person concerned and not a legitimate effort to ask probing questions of Kerry

Anyone found out yet if this guy was subsequently charged with anything?

Be interesting to see if a jury examining all of the evidence finds the guy guilty of something rather than a message board that has seen all of one clip on youtube crucifying the police/security who dealt with him

Doesnt anyone find the pack mentality to jump to conclusions without knowing or seeing all the evidence on here scary?

This smacks of a good old fashioned lynch mob
Old 09.18.2007, 05:01 PM   #39
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
struggling against arrest =/= taser use. cops are trained to subdue these types without using such force, but these cats obviously had a bit of a power trip going on and we see what the result was. tasers are supposed to be used when the subject is posing a threat that is dangerous, but not dangerous enough to warrant gun use. if those six officers couldn't keep that one guy under control, then they had no business on the force in the first place. how are you defending this shit?

The risk of breaking his wrists or arms or dislocating his shoulders during restraint over the use of a stun gun?

Go figure
Old 09.18.2007, 05:08 PM   #40
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:

yeah, if you also listen closely you can hear them threaten him with being tased and he says "I'll walk out of here, just let me go"

Of course, they aren't going to let him go and he should have stopped fighting back, but he clearly was no physical threat to anyone in the room. They used the taser because they weren't competent enough to hold him down and cuff him. I see at least 5 officers holding him -- you're telling me 5 officers can't cuff some college kid?
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth