Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Avril Lavigne's 10 commandments - You HAVE to read this
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.07.2007, 09:21 AM   #21
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
that was so stupid it was brilliant...thats exactly the kind of fluff i'd give to a mag such as Q....on that note, perhaps I should mention Im working on an album, in which i cover avril's Let Go from start to finish from memory...only i'll listen to the last track, "Naked" because i want to get the lyrics down, but the rest will be from memory....i think i last heard it 3 years ago...Im blatantly copying what Dirty Projectors did with Black Flag;s album this year, but its ok...

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:01 AM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
that was boring and not a big deal at all. and avril's ugly. hardly a must-read.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:03 AM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
she is a fucking dumb shit fuck and you all know it and if you don;t beleve it then YOU are the deluded one. she is a fucking mas smarket dipshit fuck. the sooner she dies of an O/D the better our world will be
hallelujah
Old 09.07.2007, 10:08 AM   #25
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
that was boring and not a big deal at all. and avril's ugly. hardly a must-read.

"I am a very giving person, when the hurricane thing happened, i went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, "Take it to Katrina" I also like to give stuff to people who are my "Workers" espcially if they don't make much money"

"It's important to be thankful, even if your poor. I mean come one, we all have clean water - well ok not people in the developing world."

How can you not find this shocking!
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:09 AM   #26
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
she is a fucking dumb shit fuck and you all know it and if you don;t beleve it then YOU are the deluded one. she is a fucking mas smarket dipshit fuck. the sooner she dies of an O/D the better our world will be
hallelujah

Exactly, and I want to take this occasion to wish you a happy birthday, Rob.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:15 AM   #27
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
when I say wasted, I mean wasted.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:19 AM   #28
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
This one doesn't even make sense. I can see why Lindsay Lohan get's her kicked out of clubs when she arrives.

"When i go to a party, i am the party! I'm the girl doing shots, jumping on tables, screaming and getting wasted.
Am i advocating drugs? No! When i say wasted, that doesn't mean i go crazy, Drink in moderation, Be responsible, yeah?"

"I am the girl doing shot's, jumping on tables, screaming........"
"Drink in moderation, be responsible......"

Wha?????
Old 09.07.2007, 10:19 AM   #29
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
"I am a very giving person, when the hurricane thing happened, i went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, "Take it to Katrina" I also like to give stuff to people who are my "Workers" espcially if they don't make much money"

"It's important to be thankful, even if your poor. I mean come one, we all have clean water - well ok not people in the developing world."

How can you not find this shocking!

you'd be surprised then, how many "normal" girls (and guys) don't even think like that.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:20 AM   #30
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
"I am the girl doing shot's, jumping on tables, screaming........"

In other words, you're the attention whore that's getting on everyone else's nerves? Awesome.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:22 AM   #31
screamingskull
invito al cielo

i always hated her, but now its been taken to a whole other level.
Old 09.07.2007, 10:24 AM   #32
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
why do you let yourself hate someone like her? people like her just need to be ignored.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:24 AM   #33
sarramkrop

Yeah, Avril Lavigne is cool because you can jump over her many levels and get to the next one just like that!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:25 AM   #34
sarramkrop

Deep.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:25 AM   #35
screamingskull
invito al cielo

ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 09.07.2007, 10:38 AM   #36
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That's a very interesting thing that you are saying, there. I was in fact thinking of something similar about music criticism in general because of those reassestment threads. A good music journalist would criticise the music simply for what it is, regardless of their perceived feelings of what it is or what it might be, when it's simply not what they might think it is. Also, attacking the music because the reviewer doesn't have simpathy for the musician is one of the worst acts of unprofessionalism ever. Who gives a toss if such and such musician is a real arsehole? For as long as they make good music, it's all fine by me. Then you have cases when both the musician and the music are shite, and in that case they don't stand a chance. In general, music journalism is one of those professions that's being shat upon for so long and so many times, that it became really hard to find out who's doing a good job, rather than being a haven where people flash their own arrogance around.
Another thing is people who improvise themselves as experts in music simply because they have a big record collection, or because they have half an idea of this or that. They are the worst, same as those people who have access to gear and want to make music, but fail to sit down and truly think hard about the amount of talent that's in them. Sorry for this long rant, but it's a quiet day at work.

Well i just reckon theres a certain culture of it at the moment, and i suppose in a way because of the internet it means that people who did sit up and think "Hang on, The Neon Bible really wasnt that much cop" have an easier way of finding people who agree, and just appreciate a more objective methodology of reviewing. I do think theres a load of vested interests informing the way the mainstream press reviews music at the moment. Then again i could be reading too much Private Eye.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:40 AM   #37
Silent Dan Speaks
the destroyed room

Silent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's assesSilent Dan Speaks kicks all y'all's asses
I have a couple things I'd like to discuss.

A 17-year-old can hold a good conversation with an adult. It's not hard. I somehow doubt she could now too.

I also doubt she'll be in a "super-cool indie flick". I get the feeling that the problem isn't with the script, it's her. She doesn't seem too bright.

And lastly, I'm a simple midwestern boy, could someone explain what spirituality is? It seems to be the kind of thing people say to pretend to look smart. Seriously, what is it? I have no fucking clue and I've heard it countless times. I'm starting to wonder if no one knows what it is.
Silent Dan Speaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:42 AM   #38
screamingskull
invito al cielo

she had a bit-part in Linklaters 'Fast Food Nation' didn't she?
Old 09.07.2007, 10:43 AM   #39
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Dan Speaks
And lastly, I'm a simple midwestern boy, could someone explain what spirituality is? It seems to be the kind of thing people say to pretend to look smart. Seriously, what is it? I have no fucking clue and I've heard it countless times. I'm starting to wonder if no one knows what it is.

I can tell you one thing it isnt anything to do with rotating the contents of your room through 90 degrees.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2007, 10:45 AM   #40
screamingskull
invito al cielo

It's something people say that have to sound more interesting, and something that few people actually really have.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth