Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What are you latest concert expirience's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.22.2007, 05:27 AM   #21
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Yesterday at Angoulême:

Klaxons: great, really worth seeing live

Animal Collective: very good, just a bit monotous in the end maybe

Coco Rosie: interesting during 5 minutes, then gets boring and annoying quite fast

Arcade Fire: great. Not sure if all the theatrics are really needed, but the music is powerful live.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2007, 06:19 AM   #22
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
i saw the beastie boys a week ago. they were cool. i really liked the gig. saw them 12-13 years ago too wich was a better (and smaller gig) but theyre still rockin it!
saw sonic youth 2 weeks ago in rome (ostia antica) most beautfiul venue ive ever been to - an ancient roman theather - but unfortunatly the sound was quite shit...
but when they played the sprawl i almost pissed myself.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2007, 08:50 AM   #23
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Place was full of people with bad haircuts - not emo haircuts, bad ones

I find they only look bad when they dye it a tacky black color with a bright contrasted stripe in the center, otherwise I really don't mind them other than how they act.

I'm glad that Animal Collective were good too, I just got a ticket to see them. I saw Avey Tare live and it was alright.

My last show was Alexisonfire. My friend had free tickets and I was really bored anyway. I got elbowed in the chest really hard and it's been a week and a half and I'm still not breathing in perfectly. It was a fun show even though I don't see anything special about the band. One of the opening acts was good too.

I see neg rep coming my way for this post

Old 07.22.2007, 12:57 PM   #24
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
Last night I saw The Dialectics a local act it wasn't worth the 5 bucks & the fight I almost got into. It almost seems like I'm the poster boy for lets pick a fight with that guy!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 04:09 AM   #25
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to see the legendary Gorilla Biscuits tonight.
Last time I saw them was in 1989. Biscuit power motherfuckers!!!
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 04:14 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
that guy looks like an idiot. i wish people had normal hair.

anyway i'm seeing polysics in a month and melt banana about 2 days later (and racebannon are playing with them, so i get see racebannon for the 4th time) .

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 05:15 AM   #27
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Rock en Seine 08-26-07:

Bat for Lashes - very good, too bad I missed the beginning (it was the very first show of the day) and the sound was not great (as usual in Rock en Seine )

Devotchka - not bad but a bit uneven

Kelis - not bad but I'm not a fan

Kings of Leon - awful

Just Jack - don't remember

Nelson - don't remember either

Broomheads Jacket - not bad, not a fan of the style but they often have SY-like rhythms

Björk - great, even if she seemed tired and the public (what we call "bobos" in France) and the sound sucked. Great setlist (lots of my favourite songs from all her records), I would have wished she had played Unravel and Bachelorette though
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 11:49 AM   #28
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
explosions in the sky last saturday, i'm not a massive fan, i like songs here and there. they were better than i thought, it was a good show, two eits copycats opened for them and for the crowd (a roomful of posers, half of which never shut up even for the quiet parts) it was like if jesus was onstage with riley mason in one arm and liz vicious on the other while wearing a slayer tshirt and strutting like frank sinatra.

since the place was super crowded, i got pushed so much and i was hanging by the bar, not on the floor. the worst thing was hot chicks with boyfriends clashing with me...damn cockteasers. t'was good though and they played isis on the p.a. before the show.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 11:53 AM   #29
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Acid Mothers Guru Guru tonight.
I'm fairly excited.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 04:15 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
in august:

Abyssinians
Itals
Ziggy Marley
Burning Spear
Barrington Levy

upcoming Sept shows

Subhumans (tonight)
Steel Pulse
Israel Vibrations
Groundation
Lucky Dube
dinosaur jr

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 05:21 PM   #32
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
In NYC I'd rather brave the cold of Jan than the heat of august, in aug I saw only
Bardo Pond
Eugene Chadbourne (3 times at The Stone)
Nels Cline/Elliott Sharp duo

I have high hopes for Sep
I'll try and see the Sunburned/D Charles Speer/Zaimph gig tonite
Jah Division
Other Dimensions in Music
Jack Rose/Glenn Jones
Eye Contact
E#
Text of LIght
Alasehir
and of course my chum "Thurston" at Maxwells

and I've made a goal to see one random show a month at The Stone, even (or especially?) if I have never heard of the artist before. Supporting the Stone...
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 05:30 PM   #33
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
last month i saw ashtray navigations and sonic youth, i may or may not go to see high on fire tomorrow
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 06:31 PM   #34
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Bardo Pond
You bastard! I tried going to that show but caught up in the stupidity of work. I also desperately want to go to that Thurston show at Maxwell's but that's not looking good for me either...sigh.

Saw Battles with Deerhunter supporting this past friday. Great show, even without a very good view from the center of the crowd.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 07:56 PM   #35
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
bardo pond
sonic youth DDN

upcoming:
who knows
Old 09.05.2007, 08:06 PM   #36
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
sonic youth DDN

how was it?
Old 09.05.2007, 08:15 PM   #37
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
how was it?
i enjoyed it. i saw the one in chicago and the one at mccarren pool. kim played her thunderbird! that thing is a monster.
Old 09.05.2007, 08:20 PM   #38
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

cool, i was just wondering because i'm curious to know about how other people who hated rather ripped enjoyed the DDN shows, i loved the one i went to, totally restored my faith in them and got me over my stupid grievance with the last record (which is to say, i still don't like it, but i don't feel so upset about it anymore)
Old 09.05.2007, 08:21 PM   #39
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

rather ripped was a bit of an embarassment though so it's understandable. the only worthwhile song on the record is pink steam and rats is alright. i hope when they make a new record that it's at least as good as nurse was.
Old 09.05.2007, 08:22 PM   #40
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

at least, yes

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth