Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page All members of Smashing Pumpkins officially back together?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2006, 07:49 AM   #21
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
The smashing pumpkins should have bowed out after siamese dream, at the most maybe melancholy and the infifjancjkviacancjkac whatever. Personally I think that Gish was their best record and nothing else they put out challenged that.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 08:04 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I hope they all die in a car wreck on the way to the assfuck exhibit.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 03:38 PM   #23
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Billy Corgans solo acoustic music is HORSE SHIT. The only way I'd go see them is if all of the original members with or without darcy were together.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 03:41 PM   #24
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I hope they all die in a car wreck on the way to the assfuck exhibit.

The funniest thing is you KNOW all the snobs who say stuff like this have owned a copy of Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie at some point in their life
Old 05.21.2006, 03:49 PM   #25
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I dont know why there is so much hate for them? I'm guessing people would like them more if they weren't one of the biggest bands of the 90's and didnt sell millions of records. I got really obessed with them around the time they broke up. I still listen to their albums on occasion and as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for tickets (which they probably will) I will probably see them on the "reunion" tour. I just hope that they make it a true reunion and at least get James on guitar. D'arcy would be nice but not as important as James, IMO.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 04:36 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
The funniest thing is you KNOW all the snobs who say stuff like this have owned a copy of Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie at some point in their life

The funniest thing about this is that EyeballGrowth is a complete idiot. I have NEVER owned a copy of any smashing pumpkins album. EVER.

Therefore, proving your statement false. Good day, twat.
Old 05.21.2006, 04:49 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I would never ever buy a smashing pumpkins record, I would never voluntarily listen to them, the only time I've listened to them is involuntarily when i stopped by a gay bar as a joke one time.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 11:32 PM   #28
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
I dont know why there is so much hate for them? I'm guessing people would like them more if they weren't one of the biggest bands of the 90's and didnt sell millions of records. I got really obessed with them around the time they broke up. I still listen to their albums on occasion and as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg for tickets (which they probably will) I will probably see them on the "reunion" tour. I just hope that they make it a true reunion and at least get James on guitar. D'arcy would be nice but not as important as James, IMO.

It's because this board is full of really cool people with amazing musical tastes who don't like anything if it's ever been remotely popular, but somehow Nirvana and Pavement don't count on their list so it's okay to like them. I wish I was as cool as you guys, really. Specially guys that attempt to fake their own death on an internet................ FORUM.
Old 05.22.2006, 12:07 AM   #29
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Yep, the fact that I never liked them then or now has nothing whatever to do with their complete lameness and incredibly pompous demeanor. If they were an underground band playing in small clubs, I would still say they were unlistenable. You know, like I would say about Kimya Dawson.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 12:35 AM   #30
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
gish and siamese are good albums, i just find billy corgan and incredibly whiny and posturing band member, no they should not do anything else ever
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 01:42 AM   #31
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
atsonicpark what gay bar was that? I think I might've been there.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 03:09 AM   #32
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
gish and siamese are good albums, i just find billy corgan and incredibly whiny and posturing band member, no they should not do anything else ever

Finally someone who isn't a whiny suburban indie snob. You know I actually agree with you 80%. The only difference of opinion I have is that if they had James and were willing to tour and actually explore some of their early roots again, I would definately see them. You're right, Gish and Siamese Dream were very good but after they did Melon Collie, Billy Corgan just sort of ruined the band and turned it into this annoying gothic mess. Even when they brought back all 4 members and did that last album they did, you'd think it would have been good but it wasn't, just basically another Billy Corgan solo album, which sort makes you wonder if they should even bother regrouping. When I hear Gish and Siamese dream and Pisces Iscariot, I wonder how someone with that much creativity in his guitar playing and song writing could just be like " Nope, now I'm just gonna play boring techno folk from now on and try to be some shakesperian figure ". But yeah, if they actually got back together with James and really tried to bring back some of their early sounds, I'd totally see them, whether Billy Corgan is whiny or not. I mean come on dude, J Mascis is whiny as hell and when Lou Barlow left it sort of became his solo project rather than Dinosaur Jr., and they started doing lots of acoustic stuff, but you didn't hear anyone complain about that because they didn't sell a million albums or whatever. Sheesh. But yeah, I never cared about Corgan's voice because I never listen to lyrics, I listen to bands for their music, never really for the singers with a few exceptions.

But yeah, now they're back together with just Billy and the Drummer. It's gonna be freaking Zwan all over again. So glad I didn't waste my money on that piece of shit.
Old 05.22.2006, 04:42 AM   #33
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
i will definately go to see them if the tour, even if i have to go all the way down to london. i like them though so i don't mind, i do hope d'arcy will forgive billy for all the bad words he has spoken about her and join them again, i think james will join if D'arcy does.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 04:07 PM   #34
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Finally someone who isn't a whiny suburban indie snob. You know I actually agree with you 80%. The only difference of opinion I have is that if they had James and were willing to tour and actually explore some of their early roots again, I would definately see them. You're right, Gish and Siamese Dream were very good but after they did Melon Collie, Billy Corgan just sort of ruined the band and turned it into this annoying gothic mess. Even when they brought back all 4 members and did that last album they did, you'd think it would have been good but it wasn't, just basically another Billy Corgan solo album, which sort makes you wonder if they should even bother regrouping. When I hear Gish and Siamese dream and Pisces Iscariot, I wonder how someone with that much creativity in his guitar playing and song writing could just be like " Nope, now I'm just gonna play boring techno folk from now on and try to be some shakesperian figure ". But yeah, if they actually got back together with James and really tried to bring back some of their early sounds, I'd totally see them, whether Billy Corgan is whiny or not. I mean come on dude, J Mascis is whiny as hell and when Lou Barlow left it sort of became his solo project rather than Dinosaur Jr., and they started doing lots of acoustic stuff, but you didn't hear anyone complain about that because they didn't sell a million albums or whatever. Sheesh. But yeah, I never cared about Corgan's voice because I never listen to lyrics, I listen to bands for their music, never really for the singers with a few exceptions.

But yeah, now they're back together with just Billy and the Drummer. It's gonna be freaking Zwan all over again. So glad I didn't waste my money on that piece of shit.

Would you shut the fuck up already? Jeez. "White Suburban Snob". Nice reverse racism, retard. I've never seen a twat bigger than you and there are some pretty nasty hoes in my area. I ESPECIALLY love how I'm a "suburban snob" for hating terrible music. What is wrong with that? You can like it. That's fine. It just makes your musical tastes horrible.

I don't listen to the Pumpkins for one reason and one reason only. The music sucks. Billy Corgan sucked and always will suck. GET OVER IT. It has absolutely nothing to do with how many records they've sold. I listen to Death Cab for Cutie and they are far from "suburban snob" music. Again, would you read my fucking posts above? As soon as someone gives you a good argument you completely ignore it and act as if you are right. You are just as much of a snob except in the opposite way. You'll give head to a whole band as soon as there album goes platinum.

Get your own opinion and stop reading Rolling Stone, idiot.
Old 05.22.2006, 04:11 PM   #35
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Hayden doesn't even live in a suburb.
He lives in a hick town.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 04:15 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Hayden wasn't even born when the first Pumpkins record came out. It's old man music now, same as Creedence. Well, not the same as Creedence, obviously, they're very good and don't have a singer who makes Bob Dylan look like he isn't the worst car crash to happen to popular consciousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 04:19 PM   #37
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I was the prime age for the Pumpkins - their releases came out while I was in middle and high school. But to this day all I know about them comes from the music videos I happened to see on MTV. I clearly remember thinking that it was terrible music. I remember thinking the same about Nirvana. All I listened to growing up was classical music.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 04:21 PM   #38
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

When was the first pumpkins released? Fuck it. I don't even care. Nevermind this post. The more posts we have the more chances EyeballGrowth has to ignore any other posts above.
Old 05.22.2006, 04:22 PM   #39
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's because this board is full of really cool people with amazing musical tastes who don't like anything if it's ever been remotely popular, but somehow Nirvana and Pavement don't count on their list so it's okay to like them. I wish I was as cool as you guys, really. Specially guys that attempt to fake their own death on an internet................ FORUM.

you know, where i live, if you mention a band called pavement, you get blank stares.

so to stay on topic, i like the first three smashing pumpkins albums, then some stray songs afterwards, i don't mind billy corgan's vocals at all, but he is a fuckhead with enormous ego, i don't care about their stupid reunion and i certainly don't care to argue about how they are really "rad". i mean, who cares?

ohh and i like the smashing pumpkins better than shitvana.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 05:37 PM   #40
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

So if you don't fucking like them than don't fucking post here idiot. For fucks sake, stop being a stupid whining bitch. So you don't like them, I don't give a shit, nothing you say is going to get me to stop liking them so why are you still posting here? Cause you're a little bitch, that's why. Go fucking lock yourself in a closet and listen to your death cab for cutie emo crap if you don't like Smashing Pumpkins. Are you in the 6th fucking grade or something? Jesus, you're the guy who when some loser writes Iron Maiden rules on a bathroom wall, you actually care enough to write Iron Maiden sucks underneath it and continue writing more and more stuff. What a stupid fucking cunt

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth