Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Juno
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.27.2007, 01:21 AM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Space Jam? Seriously? I can't even find camp value in that movie.

I personally remember my bad movie-going experiences more. Like when I was told by my family that we were going to chinese and ended up getting dragged into the Horse Whisperer.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 01:56 AM   #22
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Space Jam was incredible. I was eight (hopefully this will make some of you feel very old, as it should) and it was the first time my mom let me see a movie without an adult coming along. I saw it with my best friend. We were both heavily into playing basketball and watching the Bulls. We had our jerseys on. The theater was packed. It had sold out, I believe. Before the show started, some kid stood up in front of the screen and started to dance, and people threw food at him. It was a fun day. I will never forget that.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 02:06 AM   #23
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I see. I've always sucked at basketball, but Michael Jordan is like the Wayne Gretzky of Basketball, so he's cool.
Old 12.27.2007, 02:12 AM   #24
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Space Jam was awesome, I did not see it in the movie theaters because I was recently operated. But when I saw it at home, I really enjoyed it.
Old 12.27.2007, 02:15 AM   #25
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I really liked thinking about that.

As for the others, Spider-man 3 was just so fucking fun. Everyone was yelling at the screen, just having a good time. Again, packed. Those are the most fun. No one really cares what anyone else is doing.

OH! Seeing Monty Python and the Holy Grail at midnight. Insane. This is a small town, and hardly anyone was there, but some of the people were still dressed for the occasion in whatever way they saw fit. Props were abundant. Again, more yelling. Obviously.

The Golden Compass - I went with three friends from school. After sculpture class one day. We were filthy. In the movie there is this polar bear fight scene, which is the single most shocking thing any of us have ever seen in a movie. That part...everyone in the audience GASPED. It happened so fast and we were wondering what the hell we'd just seen. It was all we could talk about on the drive back to school. It's one thing to expect certain things from certain kinds of movies...and yeah, that didn't happen this time.

Harry Potter 5 the third time. For some reason had more of an impact on me than the other times I saw it. I think I might have cried a little. Whatever. It came completely out of nowhere. I don't talk about this usually.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 12.27.2007, 02:22 AM   #26
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

I personally remember my bad movie-going experiences more. Like when I was told by my family that we were going to chinese and ended up getting dragged into the Horse Whisperer.
i remember that from when i was like ten or something like that. god it was so bad, i don't even remember what it was about except for it had like all these loony toons in it and michael jackson or something like that

oh no i mean michael jordan, not michael jackson
Old 12.27.2007, 02:41 AM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
The Golden Compass - I went with three friends from school. After sculpture class one day. We were filthy. In the movie there is this polar bear fight scene, which is the single most shocking thing any of us have ever seen in a movie. That part...everyone in the audience GASPED. It happened so fast and we were wondering what the hell we'd just seen. It was all we could talk about on the drive back to school. It's one thing to expect certain things from certain kinds of movies...and yeah, that didn't happen this time.
That part was pretty cool. I saw it with my closest friend. We had a great time.

Personally I was more shocked when Nicole Kidman slapped her monkey.
Old 12.27.2007, 02:46 AM   #28
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Personally I was more shocked when Nicole Kidman slapped her monkey.

That sounds so wrong in so many ways.
Old 12.27.2007, 02:53 AM   #29
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Can you see why I might find it hilarious though? I practically died in my seat when it happened. It was wonderful.
Old 12.27.2007, 02:55 AM   #30
✌➬
invito al cielo

Yes, now I must see this movie.
Old 12.27.2007, 03:07 AM   #31
luxinterior
invito al cielo

Quote:
Can you see why I might find it hilarious though? I practically died in my seat when it happened. It was wonderful.

Oh I agree completely.

And when the polar bear goes on and on about getting paid in buckets full of whiskey and how the only work a polar bear is good for is lifting heavy objects. I kind of just sat back and tried to take all of that in, it was very bizarre and kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

- Sebastian Bach

Old 12.27.2007, 03:25 AM   #32
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Uh, I think they are called Ice Bears...This is a parallel universe. Jeez.

Yeah, the whole thing was hilarious. I do want to go and read the series though.
Old 12.27.2007, 06:43 AM   #33
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

I think if I was in the Golden Compass, my companion animal would be a cowardly lion.
Old 12.27.2007, 07:49 AM   #34
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Space Jam? Nothing good has been done with the Looney Tunes since Chuck Jones stopped doing them in the 60's...and some of his stuff was starting to suck at the end too.

But about Juno...

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 07:59 AM   #35
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i never liked loony toons

the golden compass..i thought that was a seuqel to the narnia movie
Old 12.27.2007, 08:02 AM   #36
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Uh, I think they are called Ice Bears...This is a parallel universe. Jeez.

Yeah, the whole thing was hilarious. I do want to go and read the series though.

DO ITTTT!!!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 08:40 AM   #37
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Juno also on the 25th and I thought it was good. Way different than Little Miss Sunshine and not so dry, unles you are talking about the ''Bleek'' character. I did smirk at the sonic youth reference and laugh at some of the one-liners. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 12:43 PM   #38
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangajunky
Space Jam? Nothing good has been done with the Looney Tunes since Chuck Jones stopped doing them in the 60's...and some of his stuff was starting to suck at the end too...

the truth.

--

furthering the kidnapping of this thread, all i remember about space jam, besides been horrorized about the whole concept, is that every jerkdork in my school wanted the soundtrack and they ended up doing some choreography to one of those songs. ugh!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2007, 05:44 PM   #39
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
I saw Juno also on the 25th and I thought it was good. Way different than Little Miss Sunshine and not so dry, unles you are talking about the ''Bleek'' character. I did smirk at the sonic youth reference and laugh at some of the one-liners. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Michael Cera is naturally hilariously dorky.

Juno "I like how you don't even try to be cool, you just are"
Bleeker "I do try, really hard."
Old 12.27.2007, 05:49 PM   #40
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I can't either.

I like both Michael Jordan and Warner Bros. Looney Tunes toons, but I've never made it through very much of that movie.

I also have zero interest in the Harry Potter movies or books. The only Potter movie I've seen much of is the first one which I watched thirty or forty minutes of in total. I can't even watch any of the others for more than a few minutes due to the lack of interest.

In case you didn't already know, the Harry Potter franchise has made more money worldwide than Star Wars movies or James Bond or Lord of the Rings, Batman, Spider-Man or any other serialized motion pictures with multiple blockbuster sequels. Maybe Peter Jackson finally signing on to do The Hobbit can change that, but it doesn't seem likely.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth