Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Million Slut March
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2011, 08:17 AM   #21
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
They have some pretty skimpy winter coats nowadays.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2011, 08:22 AM   #22
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
They have some pretty skimpy winter coats nowadays.

Yes. I don't think women will be best pleased to be told that they got raped because their winter coat was a mite skimpy.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2011, 10:14 PM   #23
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I know some Police forces in the world are brutal. But not in Canada. They generally pretty good noways unless the G 20 is in town. Which I don't condone. This slut march fails to recognize that women are heavily integrated into the Police Force.

If there was a bank robbery or someone going on a killing spree, like this week in Rio, I want the quick decisive protection on my side. It takes alot of nerve to take out someone who has lost their head. That kind of work is more than just a paycheck.

This is what women at these rallies don't think of. They just make it a gender issue. It is a complete lack of context and understanding to compare these situations.
Old 04.09.2011, 10:29 PM   #24
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Good thing I didn't join the police force so I can die in the line of duty protecting ungrateful women.
Old 04.10.2011, 12:05 AM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
but the police force are surely missing out on a fascist woman hater like yourself.

you should reconsider.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2011, 05:52 AM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I know some Police forces in the world are brutal. But not in Canada. They generally pretty good noways unless the G 20 is in town. Which I don't condone. This slut march fails to recognize that women are heavily integrated into the Police Force.

If there was a bank robbery or someone going on a killing spree, like this week in Rio, I want the quick decisive protection on my side. It takes alot of nerve to take out someone who has lost their head. That kind of work is more than just a paycheck.

This is what women at these rallies don't think of. They just make it a gender issue. It is a complete lack of context and understanding to compare these situations.

So this doesn't represent a broader problem relating to how women choose to represent themselves in public? Would you say that these women have no point? Do you think that women who choose to go out in public revealing bits of their body get by without getting hassled? What if one of those women said you don't understand the context? Because, although I don't live in Canada, I think they're making a point that's relevant to a large amount of women in... well, in the developed West at least. Did you see how many people on the rally weren't young 'attractive' females in skimpy clothing - a majority, in the footage I saw.

Women may be 'heavily integrated' into the police force in Canada; it doesn't therefore follow that these women have a positive relationship to women choosing to represent themselves in a certain way. I mean, you might see this as a storm in a teacup, but my taking is that it's a straw that broke the camel's back thing. This sort of problem is present in the UK at least, but no-one's been stupid enough to crassly represent the idea that 'rape victims ask for it' in direct terms. That a lot of police feel that, and that a lot of women are afraid to report sexual abuse problems (there are statistics suggesting something like 1 in 4 women have suffered some form of physical sexual abuse), is the context they're talking about - it's merely anchored around a single case but it's by no means limited to it.

Edit: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2011, 05:53 AM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.10.2011, 08:11 AM   #28
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They just make it a gender issue. It is a complete lack of context and understanding to compare these situations.
It is a gender issue and a very simple one to understand at that.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2011, 08:55 AM   #29
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Speaking thoughts on forums is useless because the translation always gets lost.

Sometimes, I also have difficulty clarifying thought.

(feel free to jump all over the above point)

But alas, the fascist speaks. The term fascist surely does carry extra dramatic weight! I am only speaking where I come from which happens to be where the march took place.

I can't speak Police in America or in France or in Libya so lets not discuss your persecution complex or your failed state.

yes they should have thought "hey guys before we march what about like when you're in a bank robbery you need to be able to shoot fast, like our skirts could distract you from shooting??????? therefore lets not march ok"?????????????????????????????

My point is, at times, it takes a big person to be a cop. We are all human and we all connected. It takes a big person, male or female, to walk into a domestic battery situation, male or female and do your job. These matters wear on human hearts. People don't want to do it. But they still do.

Was the cops words incorrect? Yes. Did his anger spill over? Yes.

But where is the respect on the sluts march? Where is the understanding of his life situation and the crap he or she deals with on a daily basis. None.

If the sluts did the work that he or she does on a daily basis maybe there would be more understanding.

But none of the sluts are women enough to realize that. They just see gender wars and pigs. Why can't they 'woman up' and accept that?

I'll be dammed if I die in the name of some thankless sluts.
Old 04.10.2011, 09:24 AM   #30
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Old 04.10.2011, 09:39 AM   #31
Glice
invito al cielo

What the password-sieve said.

Also, it doesn't follow that people don't respect other people for doing or being whatever they choose to do or be. In fact, it's more arguable that the slut march is about respecting people for their lifestyle choices.

Now, if you were asking me, I'd say that the overwhelming majority of police are utter, utter cunts. I worked for the police for a bit, and I've never known such a bigoted bunch of arseweasels (though I'll note that the exceptions to this remain some of the nicest people I know).

Quote:
Old 04.10.2011, 09:56 AM   #32
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

Well Glice, I am sorry about the UK and its draconian police staff.

Lets not forget that these comments made during a Law School presentation. Hardly a victim group. A group that will go on to make big salaries that will be leaps and bounds larger than the little officers that protect them.

Hopefully, despite all of their privileges and liberties granted to them, they will continue to sue in the name of womens equality.
Old 04.10.2011, 09:56 AM   #33
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The thing is, the women marching are not just demanding to be free to dress slutty if they like, but also to dress as feminine as they please without running the risk of being assaulted. And let's be realistic about this, a rapist often will rape women who wear trousers or look, erm, less ''slutty'' anyway. The psyche of a rapist can't be really that different from country to country, and the police force should be even more aware of that because they deal with relevant cases so often. There's also the fact that a man can appreciate the looks of a woman but should never dictate what constitutes ''slutty'' or simply feminine for her.
Old 04.10.2011, 10:10 AM   #34
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well Glice, I am sorry about the UK and its draconian police staff.

It's fine. We're used to it.

Quote:
Lets not forget that these comments made during a Law School presentation. Hardly a victim group. A group that will go on to make big salaries that will be leaps and bounds larger than the little officers that protect them.

Yes, let's not forget that! Let's not forget that these comments weren't directed at the people who fall foul of the difficulties of the legal system - that its audience wasn't precisely the people who are afraid of reporting sexual assault because of the absurd costs of legal defence. Very much not a 'victim group' (except, of course, a proportion of the audience are 1-in-4 likely to have been assaulted at some point). That it was made to precisely the people who are meant to be unbiased, meant to treat each case on its merits, meant to not discriminate against a person's claim on the basis of their dress. You don't tell Jews they asked for it, you tell the KKK.
Quote:
Hopefully, despite all of their privileges and liberties granted to them
Very noble
Quote:
they will continue to sue in the name of womens equality.

That's an individual case, about which I know nothing other than that article. The veracity or otherwise of her claim is immaterial to the fact that women find it harder to progress in the legal world, hence the legitimacy of the claim (though the verdict falls under a greyer area).

Quote:
Old 04.10.2011, 10:21 AM   #35
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

the fact that women find it harder to progress in the legal world, hence the legitimacy of the claim

its funny that they find it hard to progress in the legal world, because I as a male find it hard to advance in the womens soccer world.
Old 04.10.2011, 10:28 AM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Yes, use a massively inappropriate disanalogy, that's the ticket.

The legal world is not divided between 'men's law' and 'women's law'. It is, from the outset, theoretically equal; that in practise it isn't is the point.

Quote:
Old 04.10.2011, 10:28 AM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yeah they should just stay in the kitchen making maple syrup and sammiches????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

say what you like about America, France (lol) and Libya (lololol), you'd easily be right, but at least I'm not a bigot, eh.
Old 04.10.2011, 10:30 AM   #38
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

all of a sudden this feels like a hevusa thread.
Old 04.10.2011, 10:39 AM   #39
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Has sway moved to Canada?
Old 04.10.2011, 11:18 AM   #40
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the fact that women find it harder to progress in the legal world, hence the legitimacy of the claim

its funny that they find it hard to progress in the legal world, because I as a male find it hard to advance in the womens soccer world.

Are you fucking serious?

Please! Before you engage in a thread about women, their strife or lack there of, at least familiarize yourself with both arguments. I think you fail to realize how foolish you look. Only someone who is MASSIVELY ignorant about this subject could make such an asinine remark.

But don't take my harsh remarks offensively; I say them only to inspire you to understand the world you live in a little bit better. We were all where you were at one point. Education is a journey. Enjoy it!
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth