Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.06.2008, 03:03 PM   #3421
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Cool!

Did I tell you I passed on a $35 copy of Bad Moon Rising on LP?
Old 10.06.2008, 03:10 PM   #3422
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Shop Assistants - Will Anything Happen (re-issue)

I'm a bit disappointed that the re-issue is just the album, without any bonus material. I'd have loved to have seen a deluxe edition with singles and session tracks. They did a brilliant version of Motorhead's "Ace Of Spades" for a Peel session once, and I'd love to hear it again.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 03:39 PM   #3423
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Isn't that the 'Death Row Eyes' 7" single? One track per side: Death Row Eyes / The Smell? A family member / friend gave you two copies of this? Just trying to double check and make sure this wasn't some sort of re-issue or something. Big kudos to the person who hooked you up with some of Houston's finest......looks like you had a fabulous birthday!

SO - inquiring minds need to know, what kind (brand / new or used) of turntable did you end up getting......you know we are sluts for such information I know you had some concerns about it connecting properly / sounding good on your stereo system. How did all that end up working out? You will probably receive big reps if you post pictures.
Its an original copy, and there is only one. The color is green and white. Of the 3000 made only 200 of em were made like that.
The other 2 colors there were over a thousand of each.
I'll try and get some pictures of the record player up soon. I'm still searching for a preamp.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 03:42 PM   #3424
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Cool!

Did I tell you I passed on a $35 copy of Bad Moon Rising on LP?

that's a bit much!
I paid $18 for a A+ original copy of it a year ago.

the sister disc I paid $15 for. good deal to hear my beloved sonic youth's voices circa 1986, interviewd by Byron Coley
Old 10.06.2008, 03:45 PM   #3425
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I woulda been willing to go 20 or even 25. But more than that? WTF. It's not even all that great.

Looks like a very cool find there, Rob. It's vinyl, right?
Old 10.06.2008, 03:48 PM   #3426
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Its an original copy, and there is only one. The color is green and white. Of the 3000 made only 200 of em were made like that.
The other 2 colors there were over a thousand of each.
I'll try and get some pictures of the record player up soon. I'm still searching for a preamp.

radio shack bro

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2541471&cp=&sr=1&kw=pre+amp&or igkw=pre+amp&parentPage=search

this one is $20

This one is $30

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2573420&cp=&sr=1&kw=pre+amp&or igkw=pre+amp&parentPage=search
Old 10.06.2008, 03:49 PM   #3427
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Yeah, I woulda been willing to go 20 or even 25. But more than that? WTF. It's not even all that great.

Looks like a very cool find there, Rob. It's vinyl, right?

fuck yeah. shiny too. like whoever had it played it once and put it away.
Old 10.06.2008, 03:59 PM   #3428
gmku
invito al cielo

Niiccee, man. Congrats on the find!
Old 10.06.2008, 05:39 PM   #3429
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Vivian Girls- S/T

Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology
Old 10.06.2008, 05:45 PM   #3430
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Vivian Girls- S/T

How does this measure up to the hype?
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 06:28 PM   #3431
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it measures up quite well. They were great live and I found the reissued self-titled today because it apparently just came out this month. Recommended highly if you like reverbed girl vocals and guitar.
Old 10.06.2008, 06:51 PM   #3432
jussumchik
empty page

jussumchik has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Bright Eyes.
jussumchik is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.07.2008, 04:31 AM   #3433
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I think it measures up quite well. They were great live and I found the reissued self-titled today because it apparently just came out this month. Recommended highly if you like reverbed girl vocals and guitar.

Sounds great. I may pick it up on my trip to the US this month. What I've heard has a lovely Amps-y vibe, which is nothing but good in my book.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 10.07.2008, 07:05 AM   #3434
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussumchik
Bright Eyes.

Which one? People on here are gonna flame you. But whatever. I have a handful of Bright Eyes albums that I think are alright.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.07.2008, 07:56 AM   #3435
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

Old 10.07.2008, 01:30 PM   #3436
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Ooh! I have The Celestial Answer, which is great, and keep meaning to check out more of Hookers stuff. How is that?
Old 10.07.2008, 01:38 PM   #3437
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
^^it's very good
Old 10.07.2008, 01:40 PM   #3438
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Hooker's work is great. This one included. It's one sick improv track.
Old 10.07.2008, 01:54 PM   #3439
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

I just bought this cd aswell from ebay along with a couple of other Lee CDs mine is signed by Lee

Lee Ranaldo, Carlos Giffoni, Jim O'Rourke - North Six - 3"CD (signed by Lee)

Lee Ranaldo - Scriptures of the Golden Eternity - CD (signed by Lee)

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.07.2008, 01:58 PM   #3440
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Stu, what's the NORTH SIX like? I was just looking at that. I dnt have much of Lee's stuff. Just a handful.
122162169170171 172 173174175182222272 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth