Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Michael Jackson died
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2009, 01:34 PM   #181
deadrockstar
little trouble girl

deadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
every shop, coffee shop and pretty much everywhere is playing michael jackson songs.

probably because they have the radio on... or tv... or whatever

michael jackson or silence? argh, they only speak when it is silent....
deadrockstar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 01:46 PM   #182
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
watching some old jackson five and solo vids has actually made me quite sad he's dead.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 02:00 PM   #183
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
fwd: when farrah fawcett arrived in heaven, god offered to grant her one wish. she wished for all the children to be safe, so god killed michael jackson.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 02:04 PM   #184
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
fwd: when farrah fawcett arrived in heaven, god offered to grant her one wish. she wished for all the children to be safe, so god killed michael jackson.

my rep machine is broken

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 02:45 PM   #185
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Rumour is that MJ OD'd on Demerol, administered by his personal physician, who has done a runner and disappeared.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 03:00 PM   #186
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
people can only talk shit about Michael Jackson's music (the less than good albums post 1990s) AFTER what he brought to the table in the 1980s.

MICHAEL JACKSON IS A COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE!

Michael Jackson is one of the pioneers of music. His contributions are so beyond description that people have already forgotten that the things he added to music have become fixtures of popular and dance music. MJ is the original. Regardless of what has happened to him or because of him after the fact, we can only even say anything about it him at all because his massive contributions to the world of music have made him a part of our life as embedded as santa clause..

Before michael jackson, people listened to crappy pop music with bad choreography..

after michael jackson all music, from pop dance to hip hop, began to implement the sounds of soul and r&b featuring good dancers and good production. thank you michael, for bringing soul/r&b music out of the sidelines and back into the mainstream, where it has stood forever. ALL music today is the influence of michael jackson. there I said it

and also..

people have sort of forgotten that Michael Jackson was a black man, performing black music because his music has become popular for everyone. Before michael jackson, white people preferred to listen to white music, and black people preferred to listen to black music. Michael Jackson contributed to erasing the color lines of American music, and we should all be forever appreciative because the world is truly a better place after the fact..

He is an innovator, a pioneer, a weirdo (but who isnt?), and a good man, and may his soul rest in peace in the grace of God, and his legacy and contributions stand forever.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 03:12 PM   #187
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
"ALL music today is the influence of michael jackson. there I said it"

.if this is truely the case, all music today is influenced by grigorian chant.

"Before michael jackson, white people preferred to listen to white music, and black people preferred to listen to black music"

...im sure michael got his fair share of whites interested in black music...however...this statement isnt completely true either. ever heard of the race records?

other than that...very nice post suchfriends. i just dont always think its fair to give TOOO MUCH credit where too much credit is not due.

yes, much of music is also influenced by chants.. but that is further back, we are talking about the more recent contributions of michael jackson.

and I said it and I mean it. once everyone REALLY takes the time to reflect on this matter, to remember all the concerts/tv spots, all the tunes, all the videos, all the bad-ass dance moves, and forget about the relatively recent bullshit they will see it too.. (i mean come on, MJ has been making music since 1969!!! he almost outlasted the Grateful Dead for christ's sake!)

ALL MUSIC SINCE MICHAEL JACKSON HAS BEEN INFLUENCED BY MICHAEL JACKSON.

That nigga was bad. who could dance like that him? who could bring substance to pop music? Who could bring ACTUAL music to cheesy pop music? Who is bigger than Michael Jackson? Second to none!

as far as I am concerned, MJ doesn't even get credit enough.

THE ENTIRE FACE OF MAINSTREAM AND POPULAR MUSIC TODAY IS DIRECTLY THE RESULT OF MICHAEL JACKSON.

As I said, he brought the flavor, the style, the sound, the soul, and the bad ass choreography no one before him brought it as tight, and no one since will ever compare. Music has been forever changed, dancing has been forever changed, the club/dance hall as been forever changed, and all for the better, and all because of the legacy and career and creative efforts of Michael Jackson.

Nefs Igziar Yimareh! (God Bless His Soul)

Old 06.26.2009, 03:21 PM   #188
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
race records were created swa(y) to expressly segregate black music away from white music radio/charts/stores
Old 06.26.2009, 03:24 PM   #189
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER WAS THE VERY BEST GAME EVER RELEASED ON THE SEGA GENESIS, WHICH IS, CONSEQUENTLY, THE BEST GAME SYSTEM EVER. IT WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN SUPER-NINTENDO, A RIVAL SYSTEM WITHOUT MOONWALKER. BASICALLY, IF YOU DIDN'T OR COULDN'T PLAY MOONWALKER, YOU SUCK.
Old 06.26.2009, 03:29 PM   #190
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i miss my sega genesis. though i never had moonwalker.

they had the arcade version at this way out, nowhere bar in north dakota...
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 03:32 PM   #191
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have moonwalker. I got rid of probably 100 genesis games this past year but I kept that, gunstar heroes, contra hard corps, castlevania bloodlines, beyond oasis, landstalker, dr. robotnik's mean bean machine, kid chameleon, and the genesis 6-pak cartridge. all the rest? fucking GONE

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 03:35 PM   #192
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
thank you quincy, for bringing soul/r&b music out of the sidelines and back into the mainstream, where it has stood forever. ALL music today is the influence of quincy jones. there I said it

FIXED

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Jones
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 03:42 PM   #193
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
muddy waters said there was the blues, and the blues had a baby called rock and roll. this baby was born before 1969.

yeah, how d'you think all those white british boys in the beatles, stones, yardbirds, who, etc came about? they were all into chess records and motown... way before MJ.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 04:02 PM   #194
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Its not that MJ single-handedly introduced black music to white people. It is that MJ was perhaps the biggest and most successful since Chuck fucking Berry to be a BLACK performer performing BLACK music for a MAINSTREAM white audience, and NO ONE HAS BEEN or WILL BE BIGGER SINCE.

Elvis is a chump. the 60s blues scene which helped to integrate music in america was NOT AS BIG IN SCALE as the revolution which MJ brought to the scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
yeah, how d'you think all those white british boys in the beatles, stones, yardbirds, who, etc came about? they were all into chess records and motown... way before MJ.

and newsflash, MJ was also a part of this movement, performing Mo Town tunes from 1969 through the 1970s! He did not just build upon the integrating works of 1960s and 1970s jazz and r&b artists, HE IS ONE OF THOSE PIONEERS!

But it is impossible for us the generation raised on and after MJ to notice this, because it seems redundant because music is less than segregated today. well, MJ is a pioneer in this work, and when you all get your heads out of your asses and stop playing the au contrarian role of haterz just because he is MJ then you will see it right in fron of your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

"He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever." Quincy Jones

Old 06.26.2009, 04:04 PM   #195
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

we can go on about black & white people music all day.

the real question is: HAVE YOU FUCKING PLAYED MOONWALKER?

OH MY SHIT, THAT IS ONE BADASS GAME.

check one two one two
Old 06.26.2009, 04:09 PM   #196
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
apparently you can gan on about video games all day...
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2009, 04:11 PM   #197
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
we can go on about black & white people music all day.

the real question is: HAVE YOU FUCKING PLAYED MOONWALKER?

OH MY SHIT, THAT IS ONE BADASS GAME.

Word, my robotic friend.
Old 06.26.2009, 04:13 PM   #198
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have moonwalker. I got rid of probably 100 genesis games this past year but I kept that, gunstar heroes, contra hard corps, castlevania bloodlines, beyond oasis, landstalker, dr. robotnik's mean bean machine, kid chameleon, and the genesis 6-pak cartridge. all the rest? fucking GONE

Gunstar Heroes is fucking great.
Old 06.26.2009, 04:16 PM   #199
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER WAS THE VERY BEST GAME EVER RELEASED ON THE SEGA GENESIS, WHICH IS, CONSEQUENTLY, THE BEST GAME SYSTEM EVER. IT WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN SUPER-NINTENDO, A RIVAL SYSTEM WITHOUT MOONWALKER. BASICALLY, IF YOU DIDN'T OR COULDN'T PLAY MOONWALKER, YOU SUCK.

I wish I could rep you for that.
Old 06.26.2009, 04:29 PM   #200
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
geeks innit
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth