Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Amazing documentary- Confederate States of America
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.04.2009, 07:15 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone thats into history should see this immediately or just curious what are country would be like if the south really had won the civil war. I think the filmmakers did an excellent job and didnt just pull random bullshit ideas about what would happen out of thin air. Its all based on rsearch from the past like the confederate plans had they won and the atmosphere it would have created.For example how they wanted to invade and conquer central and southern america for the cotton creating an even huger empire. The movie is shown as a documentary so you get all this history of this alternate-america where racism is just as normal as walking your dog.Especially watch for the fucked up commercials.

For those who have seen it what did you think?

You can watch it here--> http://www.surfthechannel.com/episode/61506/119748.html
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.04.2009, 08:17 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Obviously they would have allied with Nazi Germany and the space aliens!
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 08:59 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hm good linky, i've ordered thru netflix cos streaming was slow and i was asked to register w/ some shit to download, but yeah.

i agree this would have been a nazi ally and definitely alien agents.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 09:11 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Obviously they would have allied with Nazi Germany..

so the South did win the war? I thought that Jim Crowe was a good sign that the North didn't exactly win, but I never thought to make the NAZI connections..

American financial support of Nazi germany

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2009, 10:18 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Edited for truth.
Old 02.05.2009, 10:25 PM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i agree this would have been a nazi ally and definitely alien agents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eflKzcEbLk

And then against the alien agents.

Both kinds.
Old 02.05.2009, 11:02 PM   #7
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
havent watched the movie yet, but ive been meaning to for years.

The theories are wrong though. The south didnt just decide to wage war, they were being misrepresented by an inactive and indecisive congress. Nobody in politics wanted to take a stance on slaver. Congress issued a gag order for 10 years concerning slavery.

actually...before i get into this for anyone who really gives two shits, heres a paper i wrote last semester. I can go into more detail and develop points better, but I wrote it literally with an hour before class.http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=8167992&bl ogID=455632186

Do you really think slavery would have been economic during and after the industrial revolution? Theres no way a farmer would rather buy, keep, house and feed a bunch of slaves (and keep them healthy) instead of buying a tractor. Now it stands to reason that sure, maybe the farmers would just buy a bunch of tractors, more land, and have the slaves operate machinery....well then, their lives wouldnt be much different than a lot of people today. Work a machine all day, just to house and feed yourself.

fuck the union.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth