Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page American Politics
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2008, 11:14 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
1. Nothing is yr fault or responsibility. Stay ignorant, watch the news and believe what they tell you.

2. Ignore those feelings of morality, guilt, responsibility or anti facism with a constant dose of drugs such as music, art, cigs, booze, street drugs, pyschiatric drugs, television, believing in pretend heroes in the movies etc.

3. distort lie and fuck everyone else over in order to live in a little castle of depression and materialism.

4. shopping is the only answer

5. anyone who trys to talk or change things - ignore these people - if you have to deal with them use internalised caricatures of stereotypes and bullshit rationale.

6. stay stupid. get stupider and more ignorant and selfish everyday.

7. internalise all the feelings of powerlessness you are given.

8. well, if there really is a problem someone else will deal with it! make sure to learn this creed off by heart along with the rest of the population.

9. if you want you can buy into mythologies of heroic images and narratives that are out of step with reality.

10. noone else thinks there is a problem, if they did they would have told you - if anyone tells you there might be a problem then they are a whiny pussy liberal bitch.

11. everyone involved with everything is wrong - anyone who tries to change things or say anything can not be judged or valued objectively. they are just whiny pussy liberal bitchs.

12. yr have less rights everday and you can either get into more debt or get gradually poorer. the poorer you get the more depressed you get but you can fix this buy spending money that you dont have.

13. distortion, projection, lies, denial and self hatred are the tools you need to survive another day.

14. if things get really fucked up you can always vote and yr vote will be counted and you must judge the candidate on media distortions of their personalities not their actual policies.

15. if youve read into anything before you might have an idea about how bad things are getting, you might get an inkling that if you REALLY read into it things are actually a lot worse. simply allow yrself to deny reality but believe in whatever tiny scrap of bullshit they toss yr way - examples hilary being somehow the answer cos she's a democrat.

16. sonic youth, noise rock, record collecting, outdated music art and fiction will solve everything.

17. if someone is making you feel something or talking about something simply say - "yeah? well fuck you you arent doing anything to make it better so we both suck!"

18. if things get even worse you can see a pyschiatrist and drug yrself to oblivion.

19. accept slavery to rampant genocidal capitalism and the logic of late capitalism as the only acceptable reality.

20. the constitution is just something from history, dont worry that its slowly being erased everyday.

21. you have no power at all. not even the power of dissent. ignore the concentration camps that are being built they're only for terrorists.

22. every peice of digital media you read or create is being monitored, as are yr phone calls emails etc.

23. remember hurricane katrina? if it happens again remember you deserve death if yr not profitable enough to be saved. sure dont worry, fema will give you a nice trailer after, just dont leave it at the wrong time or youll be shot.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 11:19 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yeah? well fuck you.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 11:19 AM   #3
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
dfsdf
Old 06.21.2008, 11:20 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
if you have to deal with them use internalised caricatures of stereotypes and bullshit rationale.
Old 06.21.2008, 11:20 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

c wut i did thar?
Old 06.21.2008, 11:39 AM   #6
ni'k
invito al cielo

well? am i wrong? are you happy with yr country?
Old 06.21.2008, 01:08 PM   #7
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
so, everyone is an idiot but you?
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 02:39 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
1. Nothing is yr fault or responsibility. Stay ignorant, watch the news and believe what they tell you.

2. Ignore those feelings of morality, guilt, responsibility or anti facism with a constant dose of drugs such as music, art, cigs, booze, street drugs, pyschiatric drugs, television, believing in pretend heroes in the movies etc.

3. distort lie and fuck everyone else over in order to live in a little castle of depression and materialism.

4. shopping is the only answer

5. anyone who trys to talk or change things - ignore these people - if you have to deal with them use internalised caricatures of stereotypes and bullshit rationale.

6. stay stupid. get stupider and more ignorant and selfish everyday.

7. internalise all the feelings of powerlessness you are given.

8. well, if there really is a problem someone else will deal with it! make sure to learn this creed off by heart along with the rest of the population.

9. if you want you can buy into mythologies of heroic images and narratives that are out of step with reality.

10. noone else thinks there is a problem, if they did they would have told you - if anyone tells you there might be a problem then they are a whiny pussy liberal bitch.

11. everyone involved with everything is wrong - anyone who tries to change things or say anything can not be judged or valued objectively. they are just whiny pussy liberal bitchs.

12. yr have less rights everday and you can either get into more debt or get gradually poorer. the poorer you get the more depressed you get but you can fix this buy spending money that you dont have.

13. distortion, projection, lies, denial and self hatred are the tools you need to survive another day.

14. if things get really fucked up you can always vote and yr vote will be counted and you must judge the candidate on media distortions of their personalities not their actual policies.

15. if youve read into anything before you might have an idea about how bad things are getting, you might get an inkling that if you REALLY read into it things are actually a lot worse. simply allow yrself to deny reality but believe in whatever tiny scrap of bullshit they toss yr way - examples hilary being somehow the answer cos she's a democrat.

16. sonic youth, noise rock, record collecting, outdated music art and fiction will solve everything.

17. if someone is making you feel something or talking about something simply say - "yeah? well fuck you you arent doing anything to make it better so we both suck!"

18. if things get even worse you can see a pyschiatrist and drug yrself to oblivion.

19. accept slavery to rampant genocidal capitalism and the logic of late capitalism as the only acceptable reality.

20. the constitution is just something from history, dont worry that its slowly being erased everyday.

21. you have no power at all. not even the power of dissent. ignore the concentration camps that are being built they're only for terrorists.

22. every peice of digital media you read or create is being monitored, as are yr phone calls emails etc.

23. remember hurricane katrina? if it happens again remember you deserve death if yr not profitable enough to be saved. sure dont worry, fema will give you a nice trailer after, just dont leave it at the wrong time or youll be shot.

Igzee'o Tesahalene. [Lord have Mercy]
Mislemenfiske. [And With Thy Spirit]
Amen. [I agree]

If americans weren't so damn defensive, perhaps we could make some changes. America, accept yr responsibilities. I-man is an American, and I AM PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY FUCKED UP THING AMERICA DOES. My money, my time, my existence in this country contributes. I have a social security number, I go to school, I pay my bills, I consume products, I watch TV, I am an American, and many aspects of my life affect the world in a negative. Those assholes running around Iraq and Colombia killing folks wear my flag on their shoulders, they are paid with my money, shit I have known several of them personally, and I fully accept responsibility for their negative and hostile actions internationally

. Now see America, was that so hard? You must confess yr sins to find repentance, otherwise you are still wallowing in the filth of ignorance. Be a grown up, accept responsibility. It is the first step beyond denial or complaining.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 02:52 PM   #9
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Igzee'o Tesahalene. [Lord have Mercy]
Mislemenfiske. [And With Thy Spirit]
Amen. [I agree]

If americans weren't so damn defensive, perhaps we could make some changes. America, accept yr responsibilities. I-man is an American, and I AM PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY FUCKED UP THING AMERICA DOES. My money, my time, my existence in this country contributes. I have a social security number, I go to school, I pay my bills, I consume products, I watch TV, I am an American, and many aspects of my life affect the world in a negative. Those assholes running around Iraq and Colombia killing folks wear my flag on their shoulders, they are paid with my money, shit I have known several of them personally, and I fully accept responsibility for their negative and hostile actions internationally

. Now see America, was that so hard? You must confess yr sins to find repentance, otherwise you are still wallowing in the filth of ignorance. Be a grown up, accept responsibility. It is the first step beyond denial or complaining.

what you say has merit, but when some little kid off in ireland (or where the fuck ever) posts bullshit he really doesn't know anything about ....making huge generalizations about americans... it's just annoying as all fuck. sayin'.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 03:02 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
what you say has merit, but when some little kid off in ireland (or where the fuck ever) posts bullshit he really doesn't know anything about ....making huge generalizations about americans... it's just annoying as all fuck. sayin'.

I am an American, and I co-sign that testimony/interpretation of Americans, I say, having lived in the most typically American city, the hub of American culture/commerce/industry/entertainment/violence/excessive consumption of resources [Babylon aka Los Angeles] my entire life, and having traveled a good deal of this country, and met all kinds of folks, that much of what was said is true, hence my Amening it. honesty is something americans are affraid of, because no body wants to incriminate themselves, but the reality of the situation in America, is that if we americans do not begin to incriminate ourselves, we will let the world continue on as it has been, and soon somebody will have to pay the piper.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 03:31 PM   #11
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun

Your argument can be turned against you. You are saying that no one can claim anything about a country without having lived there. But because you have never lived in any other country (I assume) then you cannot claim anything about those countries. Because what is being discussed is essentially a comparison between one country and all others, and you object to these comparisons, then you are contradicting yourself. You are claiming things about countries that you know nothing of.

Then there is also the problem with your argument that countries outside of the USA are bombarded with American media so we do have a pretty good idea of what your country is like. The reverse is however not true.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 04:30 PM   #12
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
no. I'm saying generalizations are fucking stupid, particularly as far as Americans are concerned. And if you dont know that, then you know nothing about America.
Old 06.21.2008, 04:35 PM   #13
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Why particularly with Americans?

How can you describe a country without generalisations?
Old 06.21.2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Consider the source of the thread.
Source considered.
Moving on.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 04:35 PM   #15
Lurker
invito al cielo

Ameicans elected Bush.
Old 06.21.2008, 04:40 PM   #16
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
Why particularly with Americans?

How can you describe a country without generalisations?
Generalize all you want, lurker, but if you think a girl growing up in Oklahoma is even moderately like a girl who grew up in Boston-pros and cons to both (or whatever example you'd like)... Go on with your bad self. Hell that girl growing up in Boston is prob much more like a londoner than an okie.
Old 06.21.2008, 04:43 PM   #17
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ameicans elected Bush.
I didnt. And many would claim America didnt either.
Old 06.21.2008, 05:14 PM   #18
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ameicans elected Bush.

Yeah, and Britain elected Blair, and the French elected Sarkozy. I'm not sure what the point is of all this. If it's saying that America's political system is fucked, then I agree. If it's suggesting they're the only ones, then I don''t.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2008, 05:41 PM   #19
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
You're right, there are absolutely no Americans (other than SuchFriends) that feel guilty for and frustrated by American politics.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2008, 03:52 PM   #20
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
no Americans [.....] that has feels guilty for [......] American politics.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth