Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scariest movie you've ever seen?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.29.2006, 12:24 AM   #1
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
I havent seen a good scary movie forrever!
make some recomendations
i liked the ring and the grudge and session 9.

every time anyone uses the N word its like hanging ..
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:06 AM   #2
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't find many movies to be scary. I suppose you can't really go wrong with the Exorcist. The Shining, Poltergeist, and Jacob's Ladder are supposed to be scary, but it really depends what scares you. If you like The Ring and The Grudge, chances are you're looking for a jumpy movie, so I'd say check out Evil Dead or Ghost Ship or something. (Ghost Ship isn't usually considered a good movie, but it's similar to what you mentioned. I thought it was quite a bit scarier than The Grudge/Ring.) Also, any Wes Craven movie should be decent. Well not any but...You know, just stay away from Red Eye...
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:21 AM   #3
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Just look into the asia extreme horror films. They are incredibly uncomfortable to watch. I watched A Tale of Two Sisters a few months ago and it had the most twists in any movie I've ever seen. It was awesome. And the climax is spine-tingling. Oh crap... I really dug that film. I'm pretty desensitized from scary stuff but, ah, whatever. Just search for asia extreme on amazon and you'll come across a ton of incredible horror movies.

And if you're into video games pick up silent hill 1 and 2, and fatal frame. They are amazingly great. SH1 one is also dripping with sonic youth, david lynch and jacob's ladder influences. And there's a haunted hotel in SH2 that feels a lot like The Shining.

Is session 9 really as great as people say it is? I've been wanting to see that for awhile. Oh, and the remakes of Ringu and Ju on suck.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:23 AM   #4
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Watch the GG Allin documentary Hated.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:31 AM   #5
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
one of the most disturbing pieces in cinema history.. "trouble every day" with a score by the tindersticks..
not "scary" but very disturbing...

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/scre...leeveryday.htm

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 01:37 AM   #6
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I dont find many movies scary. Especially the current trend of crappy teen horror films. I guess I find stuff like Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, and the Sinning pretty creepy though. But not like jump-in-your-seat type scary.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 03:38 AM   #7
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
Not a horror film but a British made for TV film called Threads was pretty disturbing and freaky. It's a realistic account of what might happen after a nuclear attack on England.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/
Old 05.29.2006, 03:44 AM   #8
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
King Kong

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 03:45 AM   #9
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone seen the swedsish tv series The Kingdom?

Old 05.29.2006, 03:51 AM   #10
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
probably the woman in black, or audition.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 03:52 AM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
probably the woman in black, or audition.
For a moment you made me think of The woman in red.Scary!

Old 05.29.2006, 03:54 AM   #12
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
The Kingdom is pretty good but not really scary.
Old 05.29.2006, 03:57 AM   #13
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
For a moment you made me think of The woman in red.Scary!

isnt that kelly le brok? mrs segal?
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 03:58 AM   #14
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Has anyone seen the swedsish tv series The Kingdom?
Is that the one filmed in a Hospital?If it's the same i'm thinking of it is too good for words.

Old 05.29.2006, 04:04 AM   #15
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

Yeah! That's the one. I reaaaaly want to see it. I've heard only good things. Like, "It's a masterpiece!" and stuff.

I've seen a few episodes of the stephen king version and it sucks.

Old 05.29.2006, 04:34 AM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
Yeah! That's the one. I reaaaaly want to see it. I've heard only good things. Like, "It's a masterpiece!" and stuff.

I've seen a few episodes of the stephen king version and it sucks.
It's one of the oddest things that i have watched in living memory.Just looking at the tv screen makes you feel uncomfortable.

Old 05.29.2006, 04:35 AM   #17
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

Udo Kier's... birth scene... was rather bizarre.
Old 05.29.2006, 06:50 AM   #18
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
i can't think of many "scary" movies that are actually scary. Eraserhead is uncomfortable to watch at times i think same with audition. Requiem for a dream is uncomfortable too but not scary in the slightest, just depressing.

I'd say something like nosferatu or the cabinet of dr caligari would be scarier than the stuff they put out today and they're both silent so if you stick a bit of fantomas or something over the top who knows how scary they can become

Speaking of Tartan Asia Extreme movies, I just got one out of the library called "wishing stairs" that i'd never heard of, anyone know anyhitng about it?
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:37 AM   #19
Incesticide
the destroyed room

Incesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's assesIncesticide kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Violence
Watch the GG Allin documentary Hated.
Ah ah ah ah !!
Old 05.29.2006, 08:38 AM   #20
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
http://tracker.zaerc.com/torrents-se...t=1&incldead=0

this torrent site has shitloads of trashy horror movies, video nasties and b-movies, you might find something for you there
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth