Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bahá’í - what do you know about it?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.14.2008, 04:45 PM   #1
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
I was reading about Dizzy Gillespie and it was saying that he was into the Bahá’í faith. Do any of you have any experiences with it? Do you know anything about it?

Its tenets of encouraging the unification of humanity
spiritual work through helping humanity
universal education
and universal tolerance are very appealing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I know a girl who is in some kind of tiny splinter group that came out of that. She's one of the weirdest people I have ever met.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
they believe innte eradication of superstition, and that a spiritual journey is a life long thing, not quick "born again" fix
Old 02.14.2008, 04:51 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yes. "weird" seems to be a common theme there. but they are mostly harmless, as far as i know-- it' not like scientology or anything.

they have a kickass building on mount carmel, i saw it from a distance.

haifa is a strange town
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 05:12 PM   #5
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
they believe innte eradication of superstition, and that a spiritual journey is a life long thing, not quick "born again" fix

That sounds like a very positive belief system.

They have an anti-gay stance though tolerance is a major tenet of the religion.

And they are anti premarital sex.

They are anti-alcohol...Although anti-alcohol isn't necessarily a completely bad thing.

from their website:

Quote:
Bahá’í law limits permissible sexual relations to those between a man and a woman in marriage. Believers are expected to abstain from sex outside matrimony. Bahá’ís do not, however, attempt to impose their moral standards on those who have not accepted the Revelation of Bahá’u’lláh. While requiring uprightness in all matters of morality, whether sexual or otherwise, the Bahá’í teachings also take account of human frailty and call for tolerance and understanding in regard to human failings. In this context, to regard homosexuals with prejudice would be contrary to the spirit of the Bahá’í teachings.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 06:22 PM   #6
ohfuchsia
little trouble girl

ohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's assesohfuchsia kicks all y'all's asses
is that the one where it's litke all of the religions joined together (ignoring the contradictions). like they believe in jesus and mohammad and allah and buddha and so on and so forth. i think they think they're all prophets (well not allah, i guess he's the main one). i dunno. i did a religion elective thats all i can remember about it.
ohfuchsia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2008, 06:36 PM   #7
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
i think it's when a lot of men empty their winkle dinkles onto a woman
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2008, 02:57 AM   #8
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes. "weird" seems to be a common theme there. but they are mostly harmless, as far as i know-- it' not like scientology or anything.

they have a kickass building on mount carmel, i saw it from a distance.

haifa is a strange town
yeah, it is...
beatiful gardens these though, never been in but i, like you have seen from a distance

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth