Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why do I feel Like I hate colege?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.14.2007, 02:51 AM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I do, but I can't drop out because I see no other way to get out of this shithole I live in. I have been feeling shitty since two weeks ago. I am getting frustrated and I see no way out of this shitty thing I am in. I am starting to hate the values I once held closely, like caring for other people even if I do not know them, I just want to tell them get a fucking job or shut the fuck up and go and live your life without me. I hate elitist people more than anything, because they for once think they are better than I or the rest of the world. Frankly my dear you are a worthless piece of flesh, and you will die out like I will. And your last breath will be some vain attempt to salvage your soul, truth be told you are the last person to go to heaven. I want to cry, but I can't because BOYS DON'T CRY. I want to leave and never come back, and I think this is absurd because from what I know of my childhood I know I had a good life. And I truly love my family, and so forth. Well what it all comes down to is I want to live life, but I feel contrived to do what I am doing now.

Sorry for posting this, but need to vent out.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 02:53 AM   #2
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
sounds like meeting the real world, and it doesnt get any better from here . if you cant change your perspective in your current situation , why not work and save money and travel ? try to see many different perspectives by actually physically experiencing differerent parts of the world .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 02:58 AM   #3
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am working, but I can't save because I am always overdrawn. And I can't travel, because i need to finish school first. And I think I am meeting the real world, and god-damn it I hate it.
Old 03.14.2007, 03:03 AM   #4
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
you will find yourself hearing that same thing you've said a million times . youve got to find a way to appreciate whats around you while youre in it , while not keeping too far off your discontent , using it to figure out a way to not be overdrawn (student loans ?? ) and sneak away some cash to run away . i try to do this all the time and im terrible at it . i try to get the shit-wheel rolling and accomplish a small thing...even if its to fuckign finish one damn school paper . when this happens, i get a slight bit motivated, and run with it . next thing you know im up all nigiht painting and doing things that give me satisfaction . but its hard to get out of a rut - a self-defeating attitude will perpetuate itself to no end .
Old 03.14.2007, 03:06 AM   #5
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

I think I need to see a psychiatrist or something, because I've been feeling depressed since high school. I mean I was feeling happy for the last two months, I don't know what happened.
Old 03.14.2007, 03:14 AM   #6
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

two months is a drop in a bucket .

by saying that you think you need to see a psychiatrist, do you mean you think you would like to talk through your shit and figure out the roots to your problems ? psychiatrists are only involoved in their profession for one thing - perscribing drugs . thats all they do . if youre into that sort of thing , fine . but as for counsellors, sometimes they do help , but on the whole , you are the only person that has been there since the beginning and you are the only person that can truly help you .
Old 03.14.2007, 03:17 AM   #7
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

Well I can only remember about 1/3 about my childhood. The other parts are sketchy. That's what I mean.
Old 03.14.2007, 03:18 AM   #8
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
because it hates you
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 03:20 AM   #9
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

ah, right . i remember you mentioning this in another thread .
regardless, its a good thing your future is not dependant on your past .
why cant you move on ?
Old 03.14.2007, 03:26 AM   #10
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

I have no idea, my boyfriend tells me the same thing. I dwell on shit for way too long. I don't know why I do this sort of shit.
Old 03.14.2007, 03:43 AM   #11
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

why do we hold onto anything ? the entire world of formed particles around you will exist to you as however you choose your perspective to be . believe me , i struggle with this all the time . i live on extremes - im either nauseatingly ecstatic or gloomy , and ive come to believe that this is the manifestation of the opposite of zen . when i exist in my daily life, that my mood and perspective can fluctuate so violently is merely the product of relying to harshly on the surfaces and appearances of particular situations . when i have a better grasp on my own emotions , when i have some control and focus , i find that my ability to reflect on a multitude of perspectives is balanced and im able to run into things screaming rather than be dragged into things against my will (by myself, of course )
Old 03.14.2007, 04:28 AM   #12
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
is it because you cant spell college?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 04:35 AM   #13
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

->
!
Old 03.14.2007, 09:15 AM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I think I need to see a psychiatrist or something, because I've been feeling depressed since high school. I mean I was feeling happy for the last two months, I don't know what happened.

a lotta colleges have free shrinks. some are full of shit, but i'm all for freebies.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 09:35 AM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
If you want to see a psych, then that's cool. But they have a tendency to make you think of yourself as a 'problem'. My advice would be to get through the last couple of months of college and see how you feel then.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 09:36 AM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
enjoy the university time. you get to choose what you learn, when you learn it, what you do. what you are experiencing is NOTIONG compared to the malaise and horror you will ffeel when you enter the fully adult (meaning old people) working world. prepare for the shock of your life. i ecommend lots of smoke.
Old 03.14.2007, 11:09 AM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
enjoy the university time. you get to choose what you learn, when you learn it, what you do. what you are experiencing is NOTIONG compared to the malaise and horror you will ffeel when you enter the fully adult (meaning old people) working world. prepare for the shock of your life. i ecommend lots of smoke.

ha ha-- noo! noooo! weed will make you confused, you'll be late for appointments, misplace your papers, and ... er... what was i trying to say...?

anyway man college is tougher than highschool because you're expected to behave like an adult, meaning, you're on your own, and there's going to be a shock attached to that (unless you're like me, i LOOOOVED the university & was so glad to be done w/ fucking highschool i was completely euphoric for the first year).

about your childhood traumas etc. that's a separate story though it will impact the way you relate to the world. i suggest treatment, but if you can just wait for the summer because things tend to get worse before they get better.

i always recommend everyone going through this shit to watch the first 2 episodes of season 4 of buffy (buffy goes to college, see). or was it just the 1st one? yes just the 1st one. it's widely available on the interneck.

another thing you may be pheelin is lack of support etc and for that there are twatty groups of all sorts catering to all manner of special group, from the mexicaines to the lambdas to the d&d society ha ha no really.

sniff around & focus on doing good & don't worry about cutthroat ways-- look, the world is competitive, everybody wants to take away your lunch money, it's a given, learn to kick ass & don't worry about the other fucks-- some people have such a lack of talent for what they do that they compensate by becoming social manipulators-- sure they are a threat but you gotta learn to deal young man.

take a deep breath squeeze your nuts & jump in.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 11:27 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I too found university just so fucking freeing and wonderful. jr High andHigh school were the worst yhears of my life, and i too felt euphoric my first year at the University of Houston
Old 03.14.2007, 11:45 AM   #19
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
two months is a drop in a bucket .

by saying that you think you need to see a psychiatrist, do you mean you think you would like to talk through your shit and figure out the roots to your problems ? psychiatrists are only involoved in their profession for one thing - perscribing drugs . thats all they do . if youre into that sort of thing , fine . but as for counsellors, sometimes they do help , but on the whole , you are the only person that has been there since the beginning and you are the only person that can truly help you .

bullshit - maybe in an over drugged, over fed, over aggressive culture like the US, they aren't like that in Australia
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 11:47 AM   #20
tparker
empty page

tparker is a jewel in the roughtparker is a jewel in the roughtparker is a jewel in the rough
College is a galactic waste of time. Of course, you have to actually graduate and then get a job to realize this.
tparker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth