Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page racist shooting in antwerp last thursday
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2006, 02:41 PM   #1
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Far-right ties in Belgian murders

The killings have shocked the nation
A Belgian teenager accused of killing two people in a race attack in Antwerp has far-right family links, police say.

Hans van Themsche shot a pregnant black nanny from Mali and a two-year-old white girl in her care, before himself being shot and injured by police.

Mr Van Themsche, 18, also shot and injured a woman of Turkish descent.

"He obviously was in search of people of foreign origin to shoot them down. That's what he declared himself," a public prosecution spokeswoman said.

The spokeswoman, Dominique Reyniers, added that the suspect was questioned on Friday and was due to appear in court after his recovery in hospital.

We have to avoid our society being sucked into a spiral of violence
Belgian PM Guy Verhofstadt

Far-right fears highlighted

Police say Mr Van Themsche's father helped found the now defunct anti-immigration party Vlaams Blok, and his aunt is an MP for its successor, Vlaams Belang.

The then Vlaams Blok scored 24% in regional elections in Flanders in June 2004. But it has been kept out of government by a coalition of all the other parties in the Flemish assembly.

The Belgian government has strongly condemned the shootings, describing them as an extreme form of racism.

Hundreds of people marched in Antwerp on Friday to condemn the attacks.

Calls for calm

The shooting spree began on Thursday, after Mr Van Themsche bought a hunting rifle in a shop in Antwerp.

He walked to the city centre and shot the woman of Turkish descent in the chest, as she sat reading a book on a bench.

The woman was badly injured but survived the attack.

The teenager than shot two more people - the pregnant woman from Mali and the white toddler in her care - killing them both.

Police later intercepted Mr Van Themsche, and shot and wounded him in the stomach after he refused to put down his gun.

Mr Van Themsche - an agricultural college student - was reportedly asked to leave boarding school just days earlier for smoking. He also reportedly left a farewell letter.

Following the shootings, Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt called for calm.

"We have to avoid our society being sucked into a spiral of violence," he said. "The police and the judicial system will do all that is needed for justice to be done."

The killings follow an attack last Saturday in the city of Bruges, in which a black Frenchman was left in a coma after being beaten up by a group of skinheads.
-------

anyone has heard about this? any opinions?

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 02:50 PM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
wow, thats really terrible, i was in antwerpen last month staying with my uncle, he lives right in the city centre you can see the church from his balcony. i should email him.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 08:07 AM   #3
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

JazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's asses
hmm that sux
JazzyJeff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 08:10 AM   #4
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that's terrible. I hadn't heard anything about it.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 11:24 AM   #5
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
Disgusting. I feel that there will always be a culture clash with so much immigration going on. Horrible that some dickhead took it that far.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 11:34 AM   #6
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I hope those racist skinheads and the racist college student can find some closure in thier lives. They should probably be sent to prison in an Asian country; where they can find enlightenment and discover the truth and beauty of life and what it means to be alive.
Old 05.16.2006, 11:37 AM   #7
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah offcourse I heared it.
I know it's terrible we had an entire discussion about it in our class. It's horrible what that kid did and it's even more horrible that "het Vlaams Belang" gets so much votes, it's a very sad world we live in...
Old 05.16.2006, 12:00 PM   #8
Filipe
empty page

Filipe has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
belgium is sick at this moment, 2 media murders in 1 month (about a month ago their was a 17 year old boy murdered with a knife in brussels central station just for him mp3-player)

but I think both stories are blown up by the media... but it's a good sign I think
Filipe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 01:38 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, people suck.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth