Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Japanese Film
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.10.2006, 03:05 PM   #21
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
i only saw a few beat takeshi films, zatoichi and another one.
i like zatoichi but hated the other. sonatine or something like that.
my problem with beat takeshi is that i hate him. i cant stand his face or the way he is.
its probably not a problem in films where he is supposed to be a cunt, but otherwise, i cant take it.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 04:15 PM   #22
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i don't know what you are talking about wax, sonatine is awesome and takeshi is a legend.

a good japanese comedy is ping pong.

i'm a bit out of touch with anime at the moment, the last good one i saw tokyo godfathers, apart from that i saw steam boy and howl's moving castle and was bitterly disappointed by both.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 04:22 PM   #23
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
kurosawa's ikiru is one of my favorite movies.
the scene where takashi shimura sings to himself in the snow made me cry first time i seen it.

as for takeshi kitano, i liked dolls alot, but probably more for the cinematography than anything else. i don't really care for him otherwise.
edit: hanabi is pretty good too.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 06:20 PM   #24
johnnywinternoshow
the end of the ugly

johnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's assesjohnnywinternoshow kicks all y'all's asses
some paintings i did on japanese cinema

hey toilet&bowels should i not bother downloading steamboy then? I heard it was good

!
johnnywinternoshow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 06:24 PM   #25
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I can't get tired of looking at these paintings.
Old 08.10.2006, 07:00 PM   #26
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow

hey toilet&bowels should i not bother downloading steamboy then? I heard it was good

well it's up to you really, i mean it's better to see it for yourself and form your own opinion that take the word of some internet-o-bloke.
Old 08.10.2006, 07:33 PM   #27
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Yeahyeah.....Ping Pong is a good one if you want some heartwarming comedy/drama type stuff....it's nice.

Howls Moving Castle was super dissapointing....either I wasn't really paying attention or there were a few really bad plot holes. It was pretty bunk come to think of it.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 08:12 PM   #28
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Yeahyeah.....Ping Pong is a good one if you want some heartwarming comedy/drama type stuff....it's nice.

Howls Moving Castle was super dissapointing....either I wasn't really paying attention or there were a few really bad plot holes. It was pretty bunk come to think of it.

you must have been paying attention because there are some pretty bad plot holes, especially at the end when they're suddenly in love and everything turns out ok.
Old 08.11.2006, 03:28 AM   #29
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
i shouldnt judge his films based on me not liking him. im sure he has alot of good films. but it just hated sonatine so much it put me right off him.
i just cant stand him. which is gonna be apparant in everything i see him in.
ill give him another go though i spose.

i didnt watch howls moving castle, alot of people said it was shit. i love totoro and spirited away, but ive seen a few more that i didnt like.
i went to the gibili museum here in tokyo. it would have been great if i was 5 years old. they have the big totoro cat bus soft toy, but its massive and all the little kids can play in it with thousands of the pieces of dirt/spider things. and they have big laputa robot. i really wanted to be alowed to play on the cat bus!
you can also see a short film that you can only see in the museum. which i have to say was really good, even though i couldnt really understand it (because no subs)
Old 08.11.2006, 06:55 AM   #30
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
i really liked "Eureka".

i think i read that shinji aoyama said he was inspired by jim o'rourke's album "eureka" for this movie, but that sounds strange to me... but i haven't really listened to that album anyway...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 02:08 PM   #31
wax
the destroyed room

i cant say bad things about the skills of beat takashi, but he seems to star in all the films he makes. its seeing him thats the problem. i cant explain it.

anyway, i watched 4 japanese films over the past few days.

has anyone seen blind beast?
if not, go and see it right away. i really loved it. i dont wanna give anything away. id recommend watching it with out reading anything about it first.

i also saw swing girls and waterboys, both by the same director, both almost exactly the same plot. one is about boys and sychronised swimming, the other about girls and a brass band. neither did it for me. i watched them because the director made a fucking great comedy that i already mentioned in this thread. my secret cache.
Old 08.14.2006, 02:27 PM   #32
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
one is about boys and sychronised swimming, the other about girls and a brass band. neither did it for me.

Ha! Ha! You're funny. I'm not surprised that neither did it for ya! It would take a genius to make interesting movies using those topics.
Where they boring?
Old 08.14.2006, 02:38 PM   #33
Groove(Y)
empty page

Groove(Y) ain't too shabby
Howls Moving Castle is great....Grave of the Fire Flies is amazing...also cowboy bebop series is the best there is especially because all 26 episodes are only 25 dollars...i think the movie was legit as well...but akira takes the cake completley for anime...as far as anime...as far as other films i like gozu alot as well as zatoichi
Groove(Y) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 04:01 PM   #34
wax
the destroyed room

ive been watching so many films recently, and feeling really shitty after i watch a really bad one. so i did something i never usualy do and i switched it off before it got halfway through.
i was fairly certian that it wasnt gonna get any better.
its just yer run of the mill film. shit plot, shit comedy, done in a way thats attractive to people of all ages who dont like to think very much.
i wouldnt say they are terrible films, but i wouldnt want to watch them.
i was really hoping that at least one of them would be as good as my secret cache. maybe its the lead actress who makes that film so good.

if anybody uses bittorrent, you can get my secret cache from demonoid.com.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth