Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page jonathon davis and the enchanted pussywillow
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2009, 07:59 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Qi8VrQCUg

seriously when i was about 13 these guys were my favourite band.

they are still good to listen to from time to time, i mean, they're awful, but you can still listen to them for about 20minutes before you hate them all over again but before that you can prance about like a fucking sugar plum.

they are the stupidest and campest band imaginable. some sort of 90's dark camp were you call everyone a fag. they're fans are fucking morons whose greatest expieriances in life involve puking mcdonalds and watching south park. they write the worst lyrics ever. yet i am still listening to them for some reason.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 07:59 AM   #2
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
credibility = 0.
Old 08.13.2009, 08:04 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
KoRn rules. First two albums hold up quite well. The two after that have their moments as well.

They're easy to make fun of, but people seem to forget that there was no band even remotely like them when they came out. Also, some of the weirdest guitar noises ever put to tape. A badass drummer and.. uh.. Fieldy. Some truly ugly songs, too, which makes their popularity quite confounding. Really, if they'd sped up their music a bit and had a different singer (or at least had Jon doing something besides crying because his daddy raped him), every single person on SY Gossip would be jerking off to them all day. "Oh man, that beep beep WAHHHHHHHHHH sound in 'Ball Tongue' is so badass! That riff where they go from the lowest string to the highest note on the guitar in 'Good God' is BRILLIANT!" etc.

Truly unique, innovative guitar playing; no one can deny that. Yeah there's a stolen Morbid Angel riff here or there but some of the sounds were just... uh... insane.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 08:08 AM   #4
ni'k
invito al cielo

i imagine tub o' trix davis would be an egomaniacal asshole thought.

he'd probably want to talk about his feelings. yuk.
Old 08.13.2009, 08:10 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Jon is weird because he simultaneously comes off as the least-douchey member of the band but also the creepiest and most annoying. For example, he's not doing rap solo albums or worshipping Christ or doing Calvin Klein ads... but I still don't think I'd want to sit and talk shit with him.

Old 08.13.2009, 08:27 AM   #6
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
First THREE albums are great.
Old 08.13.2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I love the first two albums. I can not stand that Jonathan Davis fellow however.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 08:51 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

GOT THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

ALREADY GOT THE LIFE

"get yer boogie on"

brilliant

Old 08.13.2009, 08:55 AM   #9
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
"Freak On A Leash" is amazing. The drum sound in that one... whoo.
Old 08.13.2009, 09:22 AM   #10
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Say what you will, but Korn is really unique and interesting. They're often lumped in with a lot of dumbshit copycat bands and nu metal and whatever, but they had a far more leftfield and brave approach. I mean, on their debut they incorporating hip hop and bagpipes! They've released an unplugged album and a chopped n screwed album! How many other bands are that diverse? Not many. Like them or don't. I don't care. I'm just saying, they deserve props for their originality and fearlessness to be as weird and career-suicidy as they are.
Old 08.13.2009, 09:59 AM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Like i said, there's a crying solo at the end of "Daddy" that goes on for like 5 minutes!

Crazy band.

Old 08.13.2009, 11:21 AM   #12
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
the first time i heard korn i thought someone was playing a demo from their 12 year old's band. korn really is that immature.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 11:35 AM   #13
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I like KoRn, but their time has long since past.

It just seems like all they can do anymore is come up with variations on that tired A A Bb A A A Bb A riff.
Old 08.13.2009, 11:59 AM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Ball Tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats You Fucked Up My Makeup And Shit!

Old 08.13.2009, 12:14 PM   #15
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
"faggot" is the shit.

I blame Korn Kidz.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 12:20 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Qi8VrQCUg

seriously when i was about 13 these guys were my favourite band.

they are still good to listen to from time to time, i mean, they're awful, but you can still listen to them for about 20minutes before you hate them all over again but before that you can prance about like a fucking sugar plum.

they are the stupidest and campest band imaginable. some sort of 90's dark camp were you call everyone a fag. they're fans are fucking morons whose greatest expieriances in life involve puking mcdonalds and watching south park. they write the worst lyrics ever. yet i am still listening to them for some reason.

when I was 13 they WERE a good band. but they have dragged that same shit out WAAAYYYYYY to far. as far as I am concerned, the koRn sound died with that ice cube shit they did. I stopped listening to their albums after 1999, but life is peachy is still a fucking classic worth anyone's time.. its a shame really, they are ruining their own legacy with a bunch of whack albums year after year..

its like Chino from the deftones said, . "As they go on, it's the same thing — bad childhoods and mean moms," Moreno said. "How old is Jonathan? Thirty years old? How long has it been since he lived with his parents? Try to go somewhere else."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2009, 01:50 PM   #17
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
KoRn were beyond an obsession for me, growing up. I followed their every move since I was 11, and continued to consider myself a die-hard fan for years. Hell, I even enjoyed the pop-producer infested See You On The Other Side when it originally came out. Although b-sides like "Appears", "Eaten Up Inside", and "Too Late I'm Dead" were far better than anything on the album itself.

Then they not only lost Head, but David as well. They released another "untitled" album which was so horrendous that not even Terry Bozzio could save it. This broke my heart.

Oh well, at least everything from Self-Titled to Issues is great. Untouchables and Take A Look In The Mirror have their moments as well. I hear that they're back in studio with Ross Robinson for their new album. I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth