Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page john fahey - in christ there is no east or west appreciation thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2009, 08:19 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This is one of the best songs ever. I listen to it all the time. It never fails to improve my life.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/62zffe

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
It's as great as the first time I heard it.
I was watching t.v. one day and it was on a commercial. I was so fucking stoked.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2009, 11:56 PM   #3
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
I like Fahey's version of this song a lot. It's one of only a handful of songs I've ever learned how to play properly on the guitar.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 02:23 PM   #4
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Always loved this song, not as much as Beverly though.

There used to be a really good live version on youtube from the same performance as this wine and roses but its gone

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=93v6eoTjpig
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 02:42 PM   #5
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
the musicology faculty has a student concert at the end of each semester. i didnt play last year but this year im going to play (while others sing opera and play jazz and whatnot) the portland cement factory at monolith california, by myself, and im playing with a friend (who is a flamenco guitarist) a version of the sun city girl's space prophet dogon

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 02:52 PM   #6
sarramkrop

It's indeed a gorgeous song. Talking of great songs, I have become slightly obsessed with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtzzozj2ntz
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2009, 03:16 PM   #7
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
it's very nice indeed.
Old 01.19.2009, 05:59 PM   #9
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
im going to play the portland cement factory at monolith california,

Nice one, that was the first fahey song that really changed me and it's still my favorite to play on guitar.

Today I started looping in christ there is no.... , slowing it down and then playing diseased stylophone over it. Very fun indeed.
Old 01.19.2009, 06:03 PM   #10
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
It's indeed a gorgeous song. Talking of great songs, I have become slightly obsessed with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xtzzozj2ntz

That is a great song, thanks.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth