Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Dead C-Secret Earth
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.10.2009, 12:09 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Just listened to this for the first time and its surprisingly great. Despite Dead C being one of my long time favorite bands and probably marks when I made the nose dive into wierd music, but I've been so dissapointed with thier recent releases that I paid no mind to a new release in 08. Just found this on a blog and said fuck it, and damn, the Dead C are doing what they do best again, making Drone/Noise that actually ROCKS!!!! The last album, "Future Artists", had no soul. It was boring. In fact most of thier albums this decade have been like that, but this is a true blue return to form. Now if only I can see them live I'd die a happy man.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
It's the best thing they've put out in about 10 years, but I don't think it's on a par with their best records
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 02:00 PM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I need to check that out, I love Dead C. Have you heard any of the gate stuff? It's a Dead C side project, it's amazing...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2009, 07:24 AM   #4
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Secret Earth is I think my favourite of 2008. I can listen to 'Plains' endlessly, that track alone makes the album. I can understand apprehension about Secret Earth as I was totally underwhelmed by Future Artists.
I have the Amerika LP by Gate, its decent. I also downloaded The Wisher Table from this board, I think, and its even better.
Old 01.12.2009, 08:07 PM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I need to check that out, I love Dead C. Have you heard any of the gate stuff? It's a Dead C side project, it's amazing...

i think i mentioned them on here, but yeah, real cool. i like a lot of bruce russel's stuff too. the dead c at thier best were close to a perfect band though, they could do no wrong. and ive never heard a band that so seemlessly weaves between standard rock format and absolutely bonkers feedback and noise and drones (besides that other band people on here like, sonic youth). for some reason i have always viewed the dead c in the same lineage as bands like this heat and faust. similar in approach and aesthetic. i love music.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth