Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i just took the SAT
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2006, 08:51 PM   #21
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i know how that goes, i acually love tests and look forward to finals and usually do good.

but i usually slack off on homework unfortunatly
Old 06.03.2006, 10:47 PM   #22
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
god, i wish the writing section were on the sat when i took it -- that was always my strong suit on the psat. (though i guess it worked out . . . i got a 1460 old scale.)

that said . . . said it before, i'll say it again -- i'm taking the lsat (law school admission test) in a little over a week now, and it's scaring the PISS out of me. here's a sample "game" from the dreaded analytical reasoning section:

A company's board of directors consists of exactly seven members: three founding members -- Garcia, Hayes, and Jackson -- and four recent members -- Stone, Tan, Uqbar, and Vellini. The board evaluates three proposals -- K, M, and O -- with three board members evaluating K, four board members evaluating M, and four board members evaluating O. Each board member evaluates either one or two of the proposals, and each proposal is evaluated by at least one founding member. The assignment of proposals to board members is subject to the following restrictions:
**Exactly twice as many founding members evaluate M as evaluate O.
**If exactly two founding members evaluate K, then Garcia does not evaluate any proposal that is evaluated by either Hayes or Jackson.
**If Stone evaluates a proposal, then Uqbar does not also evaluate that proposal.
**Any proposal evaluated by Tan must also be evaluated by Garcia.

1. Which of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the board members who evaluate proposal K?
(A) Garcia, Hayes, Jackson
(B) Garcia, Jackson, Tan
(C) Hayes, Jackson, Tan
(D) Hayes, Jackson, Vellini
(E) Hayes, Stone, Uqbar

2. If Vellini does not evaluate proposal M, then which of the following must be true?
(A) Garcia evaluates exactly one proposal.
(B) Hayes evaluates exactly two proposals.
(C) Jackson evaluates exactly one proposal.
(D) Stone evaluates exactly two proposals.
(E) Vellini evaluates exactly one proposal.

3. Which one of the following statements must be true?
(A) Garcia evaluates proposal M.
(B) Jackson evaluates proposal K.
(C) Tan evaluates proposal M.
(D) Uqbar evaluates proposal M.
(E) Vellini evaluates proposal O.

4. If Garcia evaluates at least one proposal that is evaluated by Jackson but does not evaluate any proposal that is evaluated by Hayes, then how many different assignments of proposals to board members are possible?
(A) three
(B) four
(C) five
(D) six
(E) seven

5. If Jackson evaluates proposal K but does not evaluate any other proposal, then which of the following could be true?
(A) Garcia evaluates exactly one proposal.
(B) Hayes evaluates exactly two proposals.
(C) Stone evaluates exactly one proposal.
(D) Tan evaluates exactly one proposal.
(E) Vellini valuates exactly one proposal.

6. Which one of the following CANNOT be true?
(A) Both Garcia and Hayes evaluate proposal M.
(B) Both Garcia and Stone evaluate proposal O.
(C) Both Garcia and Uqbar evaluate proposal K.
(D) Both Hayes and Jackson evaluate proposal M.
(E) Both Tan and Vellini evaluate proposal M.

now, keep in mind there are four of these "games," each containing around 5-7 questions, in a section, and you have 35 minutes to complete the whole section, giving you 8 minutes and 45 seconds per game. seriously, someone try to finish that in 8 minutes and 45 seconds. i will bow down in honor if you do.

btw, i can provide answers and explanations upon request.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2006, 12:06 AM   #23
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
jesus fucking christ on a stick.
Old 06.04.2006, 12:13 AM   #24
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
i'm taking the lsat (law school admission test) in a little over a week now

Best of luck. Be afraid....be very very afraid.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth