Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page My eerie and mysterious birthday present
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2008, 07:37 PM   #21
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I know what This Is Not Here refers too, or at least I thought I did. It was one of Yoko Ono's exhibitions, however, much to my surprise my freinds found this in a little record shop in Australia, This Is Not Here... the record. I didn't know it existed, and neither does any website whatsoever. A real mystery record.

But yeah, it has Japanese writing and strange pictures all over it. It kind of feels a bit like the Mr. Sparkle episode of The Simpsons....

haha, yes "In Marge We Trust"...

Didn't mean to imply that you didn't know...
I'm fairly certain that "This Is Not Here" originally was a sign above the door on Lennon's mansion in Tittenhurst...it can be seen in the Imagine film...also, I think in the music video from the film...(view copyrighted material on youtube at your own risk these days...http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/07/07/...-google-order/) ...
and maybe it's in the Imagine: John Lennon doc too...I can't remember, but that is one of my faves...even saw it at the theater
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth