Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Multiple use for useless cds
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.28.2006, 06:51 PM   #21
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
You can also sometimes increase the speed of your cd-rom drive and put a defective CD inside and just let it spin forever. It will explode into pieces, damage your CD drive, lodge a shard in your cranium and cause permanent brain damage, and they have to feed you with a tube for the rest of your life.

http://www.powerlabs.org/movies/cd.mpg
That was pretty good. But I hate that song. My original Morrowind disc over-spun in the drive and cracked. Not much, but it rendered it useless.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:11 AM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
my most desperate use for one was when i couldn't find an ashtray at a party and a lonely Kenickie cd single was on the floor

Aw, my dear darling Kenickie. I love them and I have loved Lauren from before she was a proper celeb. And the second album was good, in spite of the press.

Cd's can be used to cover allotments, because birds don't like shiny things. A local allotment has a scarecrow with lots of CDs hanging off it. I should take a picture really, it's quite pretty in its way.

Cd's make rubbish ashtrays. Melt a crappy vinyl, however, and you can make a very useful and bowl-like ashtray.

There's a shop in Camden (Dreamtemple, I believe) which has CD's set into the tiles of the floor. That looks quite pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:24 AM   #23
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I'll never get tired of ''Punka'' and that's all i'm saying but that was the ''Fix you'' cd single wich didn't mean much to me at that time.Lauren Laverne is a babe.
The Kenickie revival officially starts here.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2006, 07:42 AM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
The second album was too much of a departure, I remember a lot of my fanzine friends being really pissed off with the second album, which is a fucking excellent girly guitar pop record. All bababaaaas and showopadiddly-o.

Ok, typing not going well with hangover.

PMarras, you have PM's. (ha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth