Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Exploitation of Teenage Girl Artist in America
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2008, 02:05 PM   #1
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
This is really a fascinating subject to me. I haven't really read much about it, but it's there. You just really need to turn on any American T.V. program and you'll see it. It is more prevalent in the mainstream pop world. Case in point, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Hillary Duff, etc, etc.

I find it fascinating, that we live in a society that looks down on women for being open, yet it is pushed to sell. What are your thoughts?
Old 06.16.2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, me too; my fascination with miley cyrus stems from this.

i remember watching a show about britney's childhood and once i watched some dr phil show (by chance) that dealt with pushy stage moms and beauty pageants for 5 year olds where they make them wear ultra short dresses and stuff; and that's the way britney was raised.

there's also the american dream of becoming famous and getting rich because that's the only way people think one can have a happy, rich life.

i feel sorry for all those child actors/singers because they are raised in an enviroment where it's ok for people to od and shit, they grow up not knowing any other life and the people in charge of them usually treat these kids as merciless as they would a full grown up adult.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2008, 02:20 PM   #3
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I just find it ironic the whole ideology of protecting teenage girls. However, they are abused way worse in the so-called business. Yeah most people want to be famous, if they never achieved it, they push their kids into it.

They think it is glamorous, the way Monroe, Judy Garland lived. They romanticize the superficiality of fame, rather than the actual thing. Which in most case is worst.
Old 06.16.2008, 02:27 PM   #4
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
they have tits, of course they will be exploited
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 06:49 PM   #5
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
this crazy guy in barnes and noble yesterday was yelling to a girl at the music desk about the evils of hannah montana.

i think it's sad that society has no idea what to do with women.
Old 06.17.2008, 06:58 PM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
They romanticize the superficiality of fame, rather than the actual thing.
What?

I'll suppose you mean "They romanticize the superficiality of fame, rather than exploiting it."
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 12:33 AM   #7
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
this crazy guy in barnes and noble yesterday was yelling to a girl at the music desk about the evils of hannah montana.

i think it's sad that society has no idea what to do with women.

i love people who get aggressively opposed to kiddie pop music.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Over the last 15 years there has been an increased and pervasive sexualization of girls between the ages of 10-17 and it gets worse every fucking year. it is sick really. Our entire consumer marketing "culture" is aimed at sexualizing any and every situation, and including young girls in on this is sad.
Old 06.18.2008, 09:26 AM   #9
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
This is true. I saw a girl out yesterday who couldn't have been more than 12, wearing a French Connection minidress with the logo FCUK emblazoned across it. Call me old fashioned, but I'd simply never let a child of that age wear such a thing. And that really is a fairly mild example of what you see on the streets. It really is quite disturbing when you think about it. Parents of those kids are just fucked in the head.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 09:38 AM   #10
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
advertising and marketing has made parents scared to NOT do or buy whatever theuir kids ask for. by making them feel that every one of their chuld's requests has to be fulfilled or else the kid will be mal adjusted or have traumas or some such bullshit they have managed to effectively place the CHOICES of childrearing, in the kids hands, kids, who are much more easily swayed by adverts and marketing and peer group pressure than the adults who are actually buying the kids their shit.

ever time I see a commercial where some fucking 8 year old kid is telling me what insurance to buy or what medicine I shoud use I fucking FLIP OUT and scream "I AM SICK OF FUCKING KNOW-NOTHING CHILDREN TELLING ME WHAT TO BUY!"
Old 06.18.2008, 09:48 AM   #11
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
This is one of my main gripes about the age we live in: the over-indulgence of children. But I do ultimately blame the parents. While I'm sure the pressures of satisfying a child's every whim are greater now than they were when I was a kid, too many parents have simply forgotten to use the word 'no'.

My other massive gripe is with parents that include their children in everything they do. Taking them to the pub, for example (an activity which should just be banned outright). A child needs space to be a child, around other children. I'd have hated it if my parents wanted to get involved in everything I liked, or wanted me to appreciate 'adult' things.

Kids are great, when left to be kids, not miniature adults.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 10:13 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Here is a great article from the Weekly Standard entitled KINDERARCHY, descrinbing the world we are currently living in
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Utilit...1&R=13A93125C3
Old 06.18.2008, 01:36 PM   #13
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i love people who get aggressively opposed to kiddie pop music.

by the way he talked, you'd think hannah montana was one of those norwegian death metal bands sacrificing goats and virgins on stage. i kind of wish miley cyrus DID do that. i'd go to every show.
Old 06.18.2008, 01:39 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ✌➬
This is really a fascinating subject to me. I haven't really read much about it, but it's there. You just really need to turn on any American T.V. program and you'll see it. It is more prevalent in the mainstream pop world. Case in point, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Hillary Duff, etc, etc.

I find it fascinating, that we live in a society that looks down on women for being open, yet it is pushed to sell. What are your thoughts?

my thoughts?

the entertainment industry is ran by lolita-peddling pedophiles.

quite simple really.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 01:40 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Over the last 15 years there has been an increased and pervasive sexualization of girls between the ages of 10-17 and it gets worse every fucking year. it is sick really. Our entire consumer marketing "culture" is aimed at sexualizing any and every situation, and including young girls in on this is sad.

that too-- sexualizing everything. sex sells therefore all is sex.

i don't buy that shit cos lucky for me my hand is free.

ha!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 07:49 PM   #16
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
not exactly one of the exploited at all but this story is too funny and had to share the blonde diaries

June 17, 2008 -- THE Puppy Store on Melrose Avenue in LA deserves an ASPCA award. Over the weekend, spies said, Paris Hilton was on her way to a photo shoot and "wanted a puppy in the picture with her so it would look cuter." Hilton waltzed in and tried to buy a Yorkie but was rebuffed by an employee who said it was clearly "an impulse buy." Hilton, who has a menagerie of neglected animals, went "ballistic," we're told. "She started screaming, 'I love my puppies! I want my baby!'" - but to no avail. The store had no comment.
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth