Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How are you doing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2008, 05:15 PM   #101
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
One word: Starbucks. Three words: Starbucks uber alles.
Old 04.17.2008, 05:39 PM   #102
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
One word: Starbucks. Three words: Starbucks uber alles.

noo noo nooo

in albuquerque we have satellite which is a nice local chain that kicks starbo in the pantses.

not only that, there is a hipster/hippie coffee house in my neighborhood

AND

i could get nice organic fair traded coffee, etc.

BUT

1) there is a recession. fuck coffee shops.

2) i don't really need the coffee addiction. i'll brave it longer & see what turns up.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 07:01 PM   #103
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm decent. I have to go out on a roof in an hour and look and stars and shit then I could either:

A) Go to a free show and: A) Get bounced because I'm under 21 and it's in a bar. Or 2) get in and decide I hate the music. Or. C) Have a great time.

B) Go study stoic philosophy and read some more Ulysses

I can't decide
Old 04.17.2008, 07:09 PM   #104
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Have lost about 8 pounds in the last two months. I was about 20 over my "ideal" weight, and I'm determined to get closer to that. I've been following the Paul McKenna guidelines of eating when you're hungry, eating what you want but consciously, and stopping when you're full, and I've stepped up my exercise considerably. It works.

I've also cut out almost all red meat, a lot of sugar, and a lot of butter. Added more fruit and vegetables to my diet as well.

Good for you, man.
Old 04.17.2008, 07:26 PM   #105
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I think living in a state of perpetual immaturity has successfully staved off my midlife crisis. Not having children probably helped too.

I've pretty much taken that same path.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't hit me 30 years from now, when I'm old and grey,
sitting on a porch in the middle of nowhere.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2008, 07:46 PM   #106
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
What hits you? That you've led a wonderful life free from the trappings and frustrations that beset anyone who's ever grown up and had children? That you did not contribute to the Earth's overpopulation? That you did not bring another human being into a doomed and uncaring cold world?

Stay free, I say. And without child.
Old 04.18.2008, 04:21 AM   #107
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Well, the reason for me saying it might hit me one day, is because I can imagine that having children must be one of the most beautiful things any of us can experience in our lifetimes. The unconditional love that you have for another person is probably the best reason for being here in the first place.

Life isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean it's not worth living for. Good or bad,
I'm very grateful that my parents gave me the opportunity to experince it for myself.
What else would we have, if we didn't have this?

The thought of adoption has crossed my mind on a number of occasions. I don't find its necessary to bring my own flesh and blood into this world, when there are some many other children who need a better life right now.

I think it all boils down to the fear of being alone some day, with nothing to show for it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2008, 05:00 AM   #108
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I hear you, Tokolosh. Although I choose to one day be a father.
Old 04.18.2008, 08:32 AM   #109
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Well, the reason for me saying it might hit me one day, is because I can imagine that having children must be one of the most beautiful things any of us can experience in our lifetimes. The unconditional love that you have for another person is probably the best reason for being here in the first place.

Life isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean it's not worth living for. Good or bad,
I'm very grateful that my parents gave me the opportunity to experince it for myself.
What else would we have, if we didn't have this?

The thought of adoption has crossed my mind on a number of occasions. I don't find its necessary to bring my own flesh and blood into this world, when there are some many other children who need a better life right now.

I think it all boils down to the fear of being alone some day, with nothing to show for it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Well, think of it this way, then. No life is perfect. Even for a parent. Maybe especially for a parent.
Old 04.19.2008, 07:03 PM   #110
gmku
invito al cielo

Man. I've been working on this one project for six (6) months now. It was supposed to be 3. Fortunately I talked the client into paying me in full a month ago and the check's cleared, so I'm free! But I'm still polishing the copy for this bastard. Why?
Old 04.19.2008, 10:16 PM   #111
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not drunk, i have pointless busy work masquerading as homework, and i hate my friends.

how the fuck do you think i am.
Old 04.19.2008, 10:57 PM   #112
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Ive been listening to the Boxing, having already been out. So im wined, but not to the extent that ill be talking bollocks about how many rare LPs i own. Because i dont. And tits are great.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 12:56 PM   #114
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
I am doing good, i found out that my stomach aches were nothing. Being Vegan (during the week) and Vegetarian (at weekends) is going great.
When i get better at cooking i will be able to fully commit to being Vegan, and when i move out of home it will become even easier.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 01:30 PM   #115
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
i am good
a bit hungover
but great
i had a fucking blast last night
just what i needed
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 01:45 PM   #116
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
I am doing good, i found out that my stomach aches were nothing. Being Vegan (during the week) and Vegetarian (at weekends) is going great.
When i get better at cooking i will be able to fully commit to being Vegan, and when i move out of home it will become even easier.

I'd like to go vegetarian but I worry about not getting enough protien.
Old 04.20.2008, 01:49 PM   #117
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
there is lots of protein in eggs, milk, and cheese. And with most vegetarian dishes you get in restaurants they substitute cheese for meet anyway.

If you're vegan you can get your protein in tofu and soya milk.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2008, 03:07 PM   #118
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I ate meat for the first time in over a month (almost 2) this weekend. I feel odd...
Old 04.20.2008, 03:23 PM   #119
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
there is lots of protein in eggs, milk, and cheese. And with most vegetarian dishes you get in restaurants they substitute cheese for meet anyway.

If you're vegan you can get your protein in tofu and soya milk.

That's the thing though. I've cut eggs, milk, and cheese from my diet for health reasons--mostly to keep my cholesterol down and reduce weight.

And I don't like the texture of tofu.
Old 04.20.2008, 03:25 PM   #120
gmku
invito al cielo

I'm a semi-vegetarian. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits with just a little meat. The meat is mostly lean turkey, chicken, and fish, very little red meat.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth