Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Info about new Breeders Album 2008
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.05.2007, 11:00 AM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Mountain Battles, the first LP from those Deal sisters and their Breeders since 2002's Title TK, will be released on 4AD April 7 in the UK and the following day in the U.S. Recorded off and on over several years and as many locales, with recording assistance from the likes of Steve Albini, Erika Larson, and Manny Nieto, the disc sports a baker's dozen of Daytonian pop blasts, including the recently Forkcasted "We're Gonna Rise". Drummer Jose Medeles and bassist Mando Lopez, who played on Title TK, also appear on Mountain Battles.

Kim recently spoke with Rolling Stone about the album, on which she claims to have done "a little more with overdubs" than on the band's sparser back catalog (we're gonna assumed Albini wasn't involved with that sordid business). Generally balking at that sort of unnatural adornment, Deal says she threw caution to the wind with Mountain Battles, occasionally deciding, "let's have a guitar part that obviously nobody in the band can be playing right now." Kelly apparently sings a passable cover of the Spanish-language song "Regalame Esta Noche" despite a complete lack of fluency in said tongue, while Kim takes her linguistic passport to Germany on "German Studies".

As if a new Breeders album wasn't enough, full U.S., UK, and European tours are in the works for next year, including a spate of shows at this spring's South by Southwest festival, Toronto's Canadian Music Week and, yes, an appearance at Coachella. All those dates have yet to be firmed up, but you folks just got a Coachella confirmation, so I'm sure you've got plenty to talk about in the meantime.
The Deals do have one date on the way, though you'd better hurry: Kim and Kelley will make an appearance tonight (12/4) in Chicago at the Second City's "Letters to Santa" benefit for needy children
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 11:00 AM   #2
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Woo Hoo
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 11:54 AM   #3
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i'll have to post a reminder on a stciky note to remind myself to check out this record.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 05:21 PM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
and in more "albums no one cares about" news....

pod's pretty cool though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 10:38 PM   #5
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I care about this album! Pod is one of my favorites.

The track they had on their MySpace was really good. I think it was removed since I heard it this morning, though.
SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 11:00 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i dont like the breeders
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 11:50 PM   #7
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Then why are you responding to this post?

Anyway, I can't wait.

I've been a gigantic (ha!) fan of Kim Deal since hearing the Pixies way back when, and I've followed her ever since. Title TK is a great album too, and I'm glad to see that she's keeping a couple of the guys from Fear in tow for the new record and tour.

Hurry up, april!
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2007, 08:46 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Duh, I dun no if u iz tlkin 2 me, but I'm responding to dis post cuz itz a message board where people post opinions about threads, uhhh.

Anyway, I like how pitchfork tries to be cool, "I bet Steve Albini didn't approve of those overdubs, whoo boy!!" Fucking morons. Listen to In Utero (better yet, don't, but for the sake of argument, do), "Very Ape" has 2 guitars in it, I'm pretty sure Kurt wasn't playing 'em both at the same time. Just sayin'.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2007, 11:57 PM   #9
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Hey,
the breeders had a new song on their myspace, but it got taken down,.Luckily i found a copy of it. You can download it at the link below. Its a nice slow song, reminds me of the Amps.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xcwyu4
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2007, 01:16 AM   #10
Bicorn Halfelven
children of satan

Bicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's assesBicorn Halfelven kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the link, dazed!
Bicorn Halfelven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth