Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Brotzmann's Machine Gun The Complete Sessions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2007, 12:12 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Its recently been reissued by Atavistic's Unheard Music Series, arguably the most vital document of European Free Improvised Jazz, quoted as "mind-blasting... a smashing, clanging wonderland of noise." - Thurston Moore

definitly worth it if you've never heard it and want to know what its all about, but beware if you are already well aquainted with Brotzmann's work. this reissue includes all the tracks on the Machine Gun FMP cd and adds the only existing live document of Machine Gun being performed in 1968 (and it was already released on Unheard Music's "Fuck de Boere" cd) so if you already have the FMP version of Machine Gun and Fuck De Boere you'll gain no extra listening pleasure with this cd. and oddly enough i still though the FMP version was still in print??? anyways its supposedly remastered, it has liner notes by John Corbett and Brotzman, a few different photos and a cardboard slip cover that is i believe a replica of the very original cover of the Machine Gun LP that was first issued on Brotzmann's label BRO, than later issued on FMP.

I love Brotzmann's recordings, one of finest musicians i've heard and met but i'm little disappointed in the way this release is represented... just letting others know, however this may be easier to get a hold of and slightly cheaper than the FMP version (though last i checked Cadence Distribution sells it a reasonable price).
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 05:21 PM   #2
dirk diggler
little trouble girl

dirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud ofdirk diggler has much to be proud of
I prefer Nipples anyway, loser.

(Seen Brotzmann and Derek Bailey and I forget who else was playing with them at The Cooler once. Awesome.)
dirk diggler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I almost bought it. I was and still am in a metal kick right now so I didn't. But I will get it.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2007, 10:35 AM   #5
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
I prefer Nipples anyway, loser.

(Seen Brotzmann and Derek Bailey and I forget who else was playing with them at The Cooler once. Awesome.)

Never saw Bailey before he passed on, a shame...

I prefer Balls anyway, dick.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth