Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Recommend me a book and tell me why I should read it
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2007, 01:46 PM   #21
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
I just finished 'All the little animals', this dude on Amazon has perfected a decent review of it, "Walker Hamilton's un-classifiable first novel published in 1969. This novel shows a extraordinary and singular vision. Written from the perspective of a retarded 35 year old man-child who runs away from home. The main character meets up with a strange old man who collects and buries 'all the little animals' who have been run over by cars on the English country lanes. This is a touching, believable and very insightful work. A truly remarkable first novel that is at times shocking, dark and even humourous, will satisfy readers who love to explore literature."
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 03:37 PM   #22
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_mind
I just finished 'All the little animals', this dude on Amazon has perfected a decent review of it, "Walker Hamilton's un-classifiable first novel published in 1969. This novel shows a extraordinary and singular vision. Written from the perspective of a retarded 35 year old man-child who runs away from home. The main character meets up with a strange old man who collects and buries 'all the little animals' who have been run over by cars on the English country lanes. This is a touching, believable and very insightful work. A truly remarkable first novel that is at times shocking, dark and even humourous, will satisfy readers who love to explore literature."

Wow, I like the sound of this one.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 04:39 PM   #23
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
anything by Patrick Suskind! he is amazing. IF you don't speak german, that's okay..his books are translated really well.

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth