Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston in the fucking Miami Herald
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2024, 10:52 PM   #21
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the oasis guy? thinks he's a working class hero or something?

not at all. thruston just said basically he doesn't need artisanal charcuterie and can jam econo, because he is spooked by current real estate prices in the area (and would like a house there)

(i'll add the context that a lot of the financial industry moved to florida during covid, and rents and property values have skyrocketed recently, but miami herald readers don't need to be told that)

(and seen differently altogether: he can eat like a child)

it's a leap of thought really, to me the association read kinda like proust's madeleine, hhahaha, well just the principle not the execution. the place brings backs his childhood memories, and as a kid he liked baloney (as a kid should). food, place, and memory together

the rest is just the fevered speculation of the internet's holy inquisition looking for something to call him out on

"he's not puuuuuure... he had moneyyyyy... took a loverrrr.." etc

a pestilent social media habit. worse than intestinal worms. more nauseating than hepatitis

lmfao im so fed up with that shit. it's everywhere these days and it's really pissing me off. it reduces all subjects to a single subject. so really it's fucking stupid because we can't talk about anything anymore except what someone did wrong or how it was offensive. zzzzzzzzzzz

anyway the article was nice actually. i liked that the writer did a long rambling piece about this and that, without any kind of hurry (must be the tropics). but also while it was long it was never tedious, mainly because the writer did not make himself the center of the story (a great relief). mixed interviews, book excerpts, interesting trivia, a bit of everything, a nice amalgam. i used vpn and reader mode in browser to bypass the paywall (apologies to the writer for my sins)

eta: extra incentive for you, the article contains the word "genteel"

oh hey and thanks for posting the link. not long ago i was telling you i kinda like miami, right? and you were like "what?!"

my original post here was because miami was flooded last week. it looked really fucked up. maybe thurston should buy a boat instead of a house. would save him the airfare too and spare the atmosphere like greta t in her travels

The past of London he lives in is very artisinal charcuterie
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth