Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Life On Mars
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2008, 08:36 AM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Anybody watch this last night? I know it's based on a BBC series by the same name, and supposedly the English version is better (as it always seems to be), but I loved it.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 08:44 AM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I had to turn it off after 5 minutes, when they showed the WTC towers I'm just like: CHEESE, and the characters just seemed to be one cop cliche after another. I didn't even get to see Harvey Kieitel's character, I just felt was wasting my time. ABC sucks.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 09:56 AM   #3
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I had to turn it off after 5 minutes, when they showed the WTC towers I'm just like: CHEESE, and the characters just seemed to be one cop cliche after another. I didn't even get to see Harvey Kieitel's character, I just felt was wasting my time. ABC sucks.

Haha, you sound just like a guy I work with. He walks out of a movie 20 minutes into it and then tells me how much the movie sucked.

Sorry bud, but your opinion on a show doesn't count unless you actually WATCH it.

They have to put some stereotypical stuff into shows, because they want a lot of people to watch it, so they have to try and reach a broader audience. They problem is when some shows lose that balance. Shows like Eli Stone and Brothers and Sisters are good examples of playing too safe. I thought Life On Mars though did a good job.
Old 10.10.2008, 10:00 AM   #4
pedestrian
little trouble girl

pedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's assespedestrian kicks all y'all's asses
I see the stereotypical cop cliche argument as valid, but overall it was a pretty good show. Usually, I just want to watch some HBO shit, but my wife had me checking this out. I thought the dialogue seemed forced at times (but you know how when you're stoned dialogue gets more melodramatic), but I also thought that overall it was deep and well thought-out. But it's just on episode - we'll see.
pedestrian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 10:55 AM   #5
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
is there life on maaars?
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 11:05 AM   #6
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Haha, you sound just like a guy I work with. He walks out of a movie 20 minutes into it and then tells me how much the movie sucked.
Sorry bud, but your opinion on a show doesn't count unless you actually WATCH it..

whatever, I watched the beginning and it sucked. life is too short.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 11:17 AM   #7
afterthefact
invito al cielo

"Life is too short."

Standard.
Old 10.10.2008, 11:31 AM   #8
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Is this the show with Lisa Bonet?

Remember ANGEL HEART?
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 01:02 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"rally sight of mars ship in darkness,
cite them truth, right in front of them kids,

but you're bound to see a world
full of your misfortune and dread

man the point of this, know they're wrong
oh they money shall conquer all of it, IN SEARCH OF LIFE?
you can see their money shall cover all their sins, IN SEARCH OF LIFE?"

[the point, there is already plenty of life on earth, and newsflash, we have not been the best stewards and maintaining it, so why waste so much effort in search of life out in space, utterly ignoring the sufferation of life on earth?]

all there ever find on Mars is the same fucked up shit they were running away from on Earth, the same world of misfortune and dread..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2008, 02:58 PM   #10
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Whew suchfriends, you put a lot of thought into a thread about a new show on ABC
Old 10.10.2008, 06:48 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Whew suchfriends, you put a lot of thought into a thread about a new show on ABC

I know it was besides the point, but it there was so much in the name

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:43 PM   #12
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
The original UK series was great.

The US version is getting bad reviews from what I've heard.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:55 PM   #13
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
There have been complaints about the "over-ripe dialogue".
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth