Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Lee Ranaldo on the new Magik Markers record
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2007, 06:51 AM   #21
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Huh.
I'm interested to see what this sounds like, and what any future shows might sound like as well.
I can see how some longtime fans might see this as some sort of dilution, but I think it shows that they can do something more, which is nice to know. Like it or hate it, I do think their "old style" had a limited shelf-life and would eventually wind up eating its own tail like we have seen in the past, and it's good to see some multidimensionality emerge here. Might just shut some hater mouths.

I agree, I just wasn't that taken with what I've heard so far. Reserve judgement when I hear the whole thing I suppose. I wasn't really a fan of theirs especially. I got the latitudes cd they did recently and I think it's fucking ace but a lot of stuff I think is a bit crummy. I guess that's going to be the case with that kind of method of playing. It's good that they are not afraid to do more song based stuff, I just hope they can convey their energy. From the clips so far, the vocals sound completely different. I would have liked a bit more of the rawness in the vocals especially.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2007, 01:25 PM   #22
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
It's the rawness and energy what I most like about them as well, so I don't know whether I'm going to like this new direction. I'm not a huge Magik Markers fan, but the surprise of what they're doing now makes this suddenly an album to really look forward to. I'm curious.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 09:56 AM   #23
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.ecstaticpeace.com/artist.php?id=5

July 4th!!! 2007
Straight from the Markers! ....
On the cd that comes with the June/July issue of McSweeney's The Believer the Markers have a weird version of Body Rot from the Ranaldo Sessions. Celebrate Independence Day by buying it!

link for the believer: HERE!
hope yur fireworks dint blow yur bro's eye/hand off. live free or die.......hard baby! AMERICA.
Ecstatic Peace!
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2007, 01:10 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
to celebrate independance day, i posted a new scissor shock song called calculus, another fucking lie. it has a mandolin.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth