Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are there any movies about this shit?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.07.2006, 10:09 PM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses

I've had the original book about The Hollow Earth for a few years, it was a joke prize at an academic challenge competition. My friend got it before I could claim a prize, but he let me have it because I actually wanted it.

They could make a great movie about Robert E Byrd traveling into the hollow earth.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 10:11 PM   #2
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I've heard Art Bell talk about this stuff.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I've had the original book about The Hollow Earth for a few years, it was a joke prize at an academic challenge competition. My friend got it before I could claim a prize, but he let me have it because I actually wanted it.
They could make a great movie about Robert E Byrd traveling into the hollow earth.

i doubt they will ever make that since it has to do with nazi ideology
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 10:22 PM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i doubt they will ever make that since it has to do with nazi ideology

Really? I didn't know that.
Old 05.07.2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yes, i read it somewhere; the third reich believed that the earth is hollow and there's even a scifi myth going on that all the hitler clones or whatever are actually hiding in the north pole, underground in big cities, preparing for their second coming.

a lot of neonazi organizations try to find followers thru the new age circles who believe in u.f.o.s and paranormal crap. mostly in europe
Old 05.07.2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The Hollow Earth was a big fascination with the guys in Skye Klad at one time. Art Bell is a shared fave as well.
I think Jason even made references to it in a song once.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.07.2006, 10:36 PM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

I tried to write a song about it when I first got the book, but it just didn't work out, like many of the songs I wrote at age 17/18.

Well, I wonder if Hitler's clones are upset about rainbow city near the south pole.

I've got the movie idea- Snake Pliskin goes on a trip to the north pole, and accidentally enters the hollow earth where he gets arrested by Nazis. And then he escapes. It would be great.
Old 05.07.2006, 10:36 PM   #8
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

wiki knows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_earth

Fantastic stories (supposedly believed as factual within fringe circles) have also circulated that Hitler and some of his followers escaped to hollow lands within the Earth after World War II via an entrance in Antarctica.

and

Opponents of the hollow Earth theory suggest, although without historical documentation, that Adolf Hitler, influenced by hollow-Earth ideas, actually sent an expedition in an unsuccessful attempt to spy on the British fleet by aiming cameras up into the sky. The accuracy of such rumors remains questionable; some supporters of the hollow-Earth theory feel that their opponents deliberately bring Hitler into the picture in order to discredit the theory.
Old 05.08.2006, 06:54 AM   #9
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
It's true tha the Nazis had Hollow Earth supporters, ut the theories go back a bit: Edmund Halley (of Halley's Comet fame) was the first modern(ish) serious proponent.

I don't kow if there are any films as such, but there is this documentary for sale. By the looks of the cover, I guess they are concentrating on the 'hole in the Arctic' theory.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth