View Single Post
Old 11.05.2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and unless there is some sort of return to communal music listening, a la MTV in it's first decade, or radio, then there is no communal music experience from which to draw influence. This leaves a ton of middling bands with middling audiences, which is why your generation is doomed.

Pssh. I'm seeing loads of people, north and south of 20, out at shows supporting live music, actually communicating with each other then forming meaningful relationships through 'social media'. The underground (as such) isn't a feeder economy for the mainstream any more. The problem, if there is a problem, is that people can't see 'the underground' because it's not conveniently sending emissaries to the mainstream and doesn't have the platform to communicate. But also, that's a fucking good thing because it means that there's loads of strong local scenes. Sort of. There's a massive economic gripe I have and it can be really short-sighted, but there's plenty going on that you're not seeing because you're looking in the wrong place, in the wrong way. It won't happen the way it did when you were 16 so don't expect it to.

I also get a bit pissed off at teenagers going on about passed generations having it better. They might have done, but you weren't there so meh. There's probably a scene nearby. Unless you live in a rural backwater, in which case I apologise. But generally, there's stuff in most large-ish cities, as far as I can see. Go, find. Or go, make a scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|