View Single Post
Old 06.19.2023, 11:33 AM   #54013
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Ampgrave by Lullabye Arkestra

I pre-ordered the new Matana Roberts album, and to save on shipping got me about half a dozen of other albums from the Constellation Records store on CD. This is one of them. Had never heard of them before, but it's really fun even though it does get a bit boring towards the end. Too much the same, too much creaming & shouting perhaps. It's a weird mix of Silver Mt. Zion (with horns instead of violins), rrrriotggiiirrrrlll punk, Scout Nibblet and I don't know White Stripes or any other drums and bass combo.

https://carlabozulich.bandcamp.com/

holy cow this is good stuff!!!!
Never heard these albums completely yet. These are the ones that Carla recorded in Montreal with the Silver Mt Zion band and many other guests. Bought them out of curiosity actually, but now listened to them all (on headphones). Oh my, so good!

There's a few more albums she recorded for Constellation, will get them next time....

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|