View Single Post
Old 11.03.2019, 09:58 AM   #51934
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
^

I'm gonna be completely honest, I could never really get into NIN. I was with someone today and it was suggested we could listen to some NIN, so I piped in Downward Spiral online knowing about its status and wanting to give it another shot. I think it's well-made, but it doesn't really move me in any significant way. I don't quite share your strong hatred for him (because I do see some of its appeal), but neither am I really stoked about his output. I guess it'll always be that sort of project I don't mind hearing somewhere in the background, but he'll probably never completely win me over. Oh well, I've tried.

I feel like about 1/2 of Trent’s NIN output is excellent, almost unintentionally and despite all the goofiness. The other half is pretty missable, to be honest. But... the best NIN stuff is really quite classic to me. The peaks of PHM-Downward Spiral and the peaks of Fragile, some moments on 2000s stuff. Oh and the Perfect Drug.

But I get why it would be loathsome to some people and utterly cherished to others.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|