View Single Post
Old 12.24.2010, 07:07 PM   #1275
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Here's another one:

ANDREW RUDIN
"Tragoedia"
Label: Nonesuch
Catalog#: H-71198
Format: Vinyl, LP
Released: 1968
Genre: Electronic
Style: Modern Classical
  • Kouros - 10:00
  • Hybris - 7:30
  • Peitho - 5:00
  • Ate - 15:00
This pioneering work of music for moog synthesizer has remarkably never been re-released on CD. It gets a 4.5/5 rating on the trip-o-meter from Dr. Schluss' Garage Of Psychedelic Obscurities.

From the composer's website:

“Andrew Rudin has been an important presence in the local contemporary music scene for the past four decades. His contributions to the modern canon have been eagerly awaited and happily appreciated.”

--Michael Caruso, Main Line Times, Philadelphia, Jan. 2007

Rudin’s reputation was established in the 1960’s through his association with Robert Moog and a pioneering series of synthesized compositions, most notably his Nonesuch album, "Tragoedia". Throughout the 1970’s many of his compositions were theatrical in nature, involving collaborations with ballet and modern dance, film, television, and incidental music for the stage. His one-act opera, "The Innocent" was produced in Philadelphia in 1972 by Tito Capobianco. A number of these works blended electronically synthesized sound with traditional instruments and voices. Particularly of note among these works is the inclusion of his music in the soundtrack of the film "Fellini: Satyricon". Among the dance groups and choreographers with whom he has worked are Dance Theatre Workshop, Jeff Duncan, Murray Louis, The Pennsylvania Ballet, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, Louis Falco, and four collaborations with Alwin Nikolais. The 1980’s saw the completion of his full-evening opera "Three Sisters", on a libretto by William Ashbrook from the play by Chekhov, as well as many works for traditional instruments, both orchestral and chamber music. After his graduation from The University of Pennsylvania, where he studied primarily with George Rochberg, he joined the faculty of The Philadelphia Musical Academy, remaining there for the next thirty-seven years, as it eventually became part of the present University of the Arts. During this time he taught music history, theory, and composition, directed the new music ensemble, and headed the electronic music studio. He taught in the graduate division of the Juilliard School from 1981-1984. Since his retirement in 2001 he has worked as a broadcaster for WWFM, The Classical Network from Mercer County Community College, and served on the board of directors for Philadelphia’s Orchestra 2001. He continues to compose extensively. His professional affiliation is BMI. He lives in Allentown, NJ with his partner, Tom Queenan.

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pyjc8o

I'll be posting the other ones i've got in the near future. Damn shame that site is no longer working. It certainly was one of the best things the internet had to offer.

I hope i have something that might be new to you, rappard. The Horatiu Radulescu is the most recent thing i obtained from the AGP before it was closed. The other stuff i've got, i downloaded it maybe last year. At some point i also posted here La Monte Young & Marian Zazeela's "The Tamburas Of Pandit Pran Nath". Just now took a look at the old post, and the download link is still working:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=1319