View Single Post
Old 11.08.2010, 06:36 AM   #1269
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Lydia Lunch / Michael Gira - "Hard Rock" (1984 cassette)

While I am posting fucked-up shit, here's some seriously fucked-up shit. Well, the Michael Gira side is, anyway. The Lydia side is typical Lydia spoken word. It's good, and has never shown up on any of her compilations. But The Swans' Michael Gira is the reason to get this: His tale of a boy's obsession with Mr. Smother must be heard to be believed. I won't give anything away but it starts out bad and gets worse and worse, spiraling to ever greater depths of depravity. Oh, and it's fucking hilarious! Made all the more so by his ultra-deadpan, matter-of-fact delivery. My friends and I were obsessed with this all those years ago.

This was Thurston Moore's Ecstatic Peace! label's first release, E#1, and came out the same time as the original "Sonic Death" cassette. I got both at once from and ad in Forced Exposure. They came on hand dubbed low noise cassettes with handwritten sticky labels. Just as if a friend made 'em for me (and hell, I like to think of ol' Thurston as a friend, haha). The covers were xeroxed on card stock.

Get this cassette rip HERE now!

Tracks:
01. I'm An Infant: I Worship Him (Michael Gira)
02. Wet Me On A Dead Night (Lydia Lunch)

http://pessimistclub.blogspot.com/20...rock-1984.html

thanks for this, how much do you think those tapes are worth now?!?

i also got a SY show that i didn't have from this blog.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|