Thread: Good Lyrics
View Single Post
Old 08.18.2009, 04:12 PM   #1
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
You mopey bastards need to stop bitching about everything that you're unhappy with about music and lyrics in general. I don't want to hear a goddamned reference to John Cage's silence philosophy or anything. He's dead.

What are your favorite lyrics. I don't want one post in this thread about bad lyrics. We are all too familiar with them and get spoon-fed too many shit lyrics like we love it by even some of our favorite musicians.

So in this thread, by musicians you like or not (everyone gets lucky sometimes) I want to read your favorite lyrics.

Not just that look nice, like some folk bullshit. That's too easy.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE LYRICS THAT PERFECTLY FIT THE MELODY, RHYHTM AND FALL PERFECTLY INTO PLACE WITH THE CHORDS AND ETC AND THAT ALSO HAVE SUBSTANCE FOR WHATEVER REASON OF YOUR CHOOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know these are rare, so if this thread only has 5 great posts, so be it.

To me, I like the captain beefheart line (tho a kind of cheesey song from him) where he says "Tell me captain how does it feel to be driven away from your steering wheel."

Alot of John Lennon's acid tinged shit is tied with alot of Kurt Cobain's Heroine tinged shit and Frank Black's fast food, road tripped out shit. I compare the three together because I just love the way they say the words over the chords they choose, in a way it almost doesnt matter if the lyrics were good or not. But for these 3, they had more magical moments than shitty, contrived ones. Like so many of their immitators!

Basically everything Kim says in "Shadow of a doubt" it's so sexy. It's perfect.

"I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you you'll never need to doubt it, I'll make you so sure about it."
"If you should ever leave me, life will still go on believe me. The world could show nothing to me." ~ those lines from God Only Knows are quite possibly my favorite lyrics of all time, for anyone who's been deeply in love before, lost that love, and chose not to be a pussy about it. It's powerful. Especially because alot of beach boys songs are needy, typical, that's the first one I can think of that is basically romantically "baller".
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|