View Single Post
Old 08.17.2022, 09:01 AM   #396
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses

[various artists] - Storey Hall, Melbourne, Australia - July 28, 2022

Six bands played in six hours at the venue at my uni, a band night put on by the student union (although the bands are not made up of students! okay, partially they are, but still). It's been a while, and I don't want to clog up the whole thread, but, from the bottom to the top:
Sydney Miller - electropop act with a lot of different keyboards and guitars on stage, incredibly loud drums and some interesting sounds going on.
In Transit - the closest I've gotten to actually seeing a shoegaze band, although they mostly seemed to verge on it without ever actually committing. Fun alternative rock, closed with a TV on the Radio cover where the frontman took out four of his six strings.
Terra Rouge - I knew a girl in this band, the bassist, because she'd helped me clean up in the bathroom at a pub one time. The singer had a fun sense of the occasion and talked about Stranger Things and fuckboys, good songs (Harry Styles and Gymnastics in the Seventies covers).
Lipstereo - I mean I liked the music, but I feel like I'm opposed to their dudebro garage rock thing as a matter of course. Had possibly my favourite song of the night though, and they thought it was cool that I taped it.
Stellie - indie pop from the far off lands of Adelaide, playing with a guitarist and a drummer (her dad). Not really my scene but was enjoyable.
Slowly Slowly - our headliners, who are normally a quartet but played as a trio with a backing track thanks to COVID. Very 00s indie pop punk, emo-ish, but way better than you might be fearing (although it was funny hearing it with an Australian accent). Nice long(er) songs, a Weezer tease, a song the frontman sang standing in the middle of the crowd, great headliners that I'll definitely try and check out again sooner.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|