View Single Post
Old 07.18.2012, 07:35 AM   #35
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat
I agree... But I can't quantify whether or not Psychocandy was any better than some grimy British noise band that played a couple of grimy gigs in the grimy bars of Leeds or Manchester and put out a few grimy EPs and then all died grimy deaths. Because I wasn't there and haven't heard it all yet. But I'm prepared to contest Pookie and Blunderbuss if what they're saying is that Psychocandy was just noise but that their later albums were somehow better
I'm certainly not saying that. The opposite in fact. I'm saying that there was a lot of noise around but JAMC were more than just noise. The first three singles (Upside Down, Never Understand & You Trip Me Up) were up there with the best tunes of the time (along with this and this).

Psychocandy had more great songs but was never a great album. And after that they continued to produce albums with great songs and a lot of filler. To me Automatic was probably their best album overall.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|