Thread: Low - HEY WHAT
View Single Post
Old 08.05.2023, 03:24 PM   #89
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
The Wire interviewed Kramer recently and, "to accompany the interview", put up a playlist on their site. As they should, they included a Low song, "Words". Here's the paragraph about it:

Quote:
Low
“Words”
From I Could Live In Hope (Vernon Yard, 1994)

Low’s debut LP, recorded at Kramer’s Noise New Jersey studio, stands out as one of the great records of the 1990s. In our interview, Kramer tells the story of how an envelope containing the cassette demo that Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker had mailed to the Shimmy-Disc post office box arrived shredded, prompting him to follow a trail of clues to track down the artists responsible for the hauntingly gorgeous music it contained. At Kramer’s urging, I Could Live In Hope was released by Virgin Records’ Vernon Yard imprint rather than Shimmy-Disc, which lacked the resources to make the record the hit he felt it deserved to be. Everything about this track is perfect — a testament to both the band’s magic and Kramer’s understated production style.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|