View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 12:11 AM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Ive noticed lately that with the right band or musician a live record can open a new perspective to their work.Live Rust kind of makes me feel what it would be like to be at a neil young show, even though i havent gone to one.Built to spill's live cd also shows how they're a different band showing how they expand upon their songs and really stretch them out in such an interesting direction.

So what are some of your favorite live records or bands u think are really something special live? (please refrain from the predictable phish and grateful dead references, i wanna hear other answers)

Some of Mine:
Neil Young- Live Rust
Velvet Underground- The Quine Tapes, LIve 1969, Legendary Guitar Amp Tapes, 93 Reunion show
Built To Spill- Live
Bob Dylan- Bootleg series live 1966
Television- The Blow Up
Beatles- Apple Rooftop Concert
Any dino jr or sonic youth live bootleg
Pillows- Live at the liquid room 97
Pixies Reunion live cd (love that extended feedback version of "vamos")
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|