View Single Post
Old 06.10.2010, 10:28 AM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Rob, I overall agree. It was mostly weak. 2 Live Crew does suck. And it was all to vague with just whole labels being honored. There were good moments (but as I pointed out -- my top 3 moments included 2 that were non-South in Game/Drake). I was excited that Gucci performed so much. I was glad that Devin's name was mentioned. But yeah...

should have been honoring Getto BOys, Outkast, UGK, Three6 and label-wise Cash Money deserves a big-up. I was okay with Master P being honored. I'm not a big fan, but he did sort of put NO on the map and he did make some big waves outside of the South.

Luke sucks. And I know it's geographics and splitting hairs, but most people don't call Miami Bass south music. Same with like Bay Area Hyphy. I don't lump that in either. But that's up to individual interpretation. Technically Florida IS a southern state.

ALSO, I know it's a niche thing, but really the whole Chopped N Screwed genre shoulda been included. I mean, that's a Southern-born extension of the music.